Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Twilight Blue Legacy Premium
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted about a month or so ago that I was looking at trading in my 2013 OB and getting a used one because I was looking to buy a house.

I've been searching and searching and almost every used Outback I test drove smelled like oil after I drove, so i guessed head gaskets. The prices on these cars are high, so that limited me too because I wanted to be within a certain price range. Another deciding factor was the fact that I never bought a car with higher mileage before, so I was worried. I decided I only wanted to buy from the dealership I bought my new subie's from because I have so much trust in them.

Anyway, I didn't buy an Outback but I did buy a Legacy L wagon. It has a very detailed carfax and I can clearly see it was taken care of. It is an 02 with 79,140 miles. Outside is a 8 out of 10 and inside is a 10 out of 10. This car was definitely taken care of! I will post some pics this weekend.

While I really wanted an Outback because of the extra features, I couldn't say no to this one. The carfax and condition of the car sold me on it. It has a tape player and no keyless entry(I will get that installed), but it is a very solid car. It rides super smooth, head gaskets were done at 34k, valve cover gaskets at 65k, new front and rear brakes, new cv boots and rotors,and brand new michelin primacy tires within the past 3 months.

Anything else I should get done or keep an eye out for?

Any tips would be great!

Also, if anyone has any accessories for this car, please let me know particularly a hood protector.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts