Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback R LL Bean 3.0 H6 w/ 5 speed sport shift
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with my local Subaru dealer who tells me I have to buy the entire transmission harness at $400 to get the front sensor - which actually has a plug connector!!!
Shame on you Subaru!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have a source for these individual sensors? I saw someone on the " Legacy Owners Association" that said he had individuals he would sell but that post was some time ago.....

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Limited, VF37, STI intake, 5MT
1,578 Posts
If I tell you a secret, can you promise not to scream too loud?

There is a secret part number for the AT Turbine Speed Sensor 1 (the plug-in guy on the driver's side, near the starter). I know this as mine was broken when putting in the new trans on my H6. I went through the hassle of converting to a Nissan speed sensor (plug swap, the sensor is nearly identical), but as I was writing the how-to, I stumbled across the part number from some Polish website selling a replacement. Now I'll re-write for the plug-and-play version.

My dealer has it on order right now, should be in Saturday.

31937AA071 $64.95 MSRP. Much cheaper and EASIER than a harness swap.

SENSOR-ASSY-REVOLUTION

·
Registered
2005 Outback R LL Bean 3.0 H6 w/ 5 speed sport shift
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I got in contact with a guy from HexMods in Dallas who has them for $70. They do performance trannys for 5EAT's.
He's overnighting it to me - of course, I'll pay the extra but to keep in in perspective: $400 and a "close personal relationship" with Subaru, or around $100 and I'll have it tomorrow.

Is it 5 o'clock yet?

Have a good weekend!

·
Registered
2008 Outback XT
6 Posts
Son of a &%$! I just did the whole harness swap a few months ago! Mine had damage on the harness plug but existing sensors were fine. It was a bit of a pain but didn't have to drop the transmission or remove the exhaust or remove the cross member like the manual said.... The harness came with all three sensors new and I would've gladly sold any of the used ones for super cheap. FYI, I found the entire harness with sensors for roughly $250 so it didn't hurt quite as much as the $400 you were quoted. The stealership wanted $600 labor to install, thus I did it myself. Took about 2 hours and some bloody knuckles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts