Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the slide pins, bolts, pads, and rotors on the rear brakes of my 00 OBW. Wheels spin freely, after one false start, and make the usual subtle pads against rotors rubbing noise. I am using Autozone Duralast Gold pads and their generic rotors. Same stuff I used on the front earlier this year with no problems. When I went for a test drive for a couple of miles with mild braking from 50 to 40 mph and a few complete stops - nothing forceful or quick on the peddle - I hear a rubbing noise and chirping noises from the new brakes when I am accelerating from a complete stop. My hope is that they need to be bedded properly, but I can't find the instructions that came with the pads, if there were any.

Can you folks offer a procedure that has worked for you, that I can use. Or, has anyone else had a similar experience and can tell me if this is normal? Or, am I going to have to jack her up and take it all apart again - aaargh? Did this once to sand down the "ears" on the pads so they would slide more easily and added lots more grease.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,388 Posts

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that helps. Now I just need to find a road where I can go from 60 to 5 mph without getting rear-ended, and a place where I can drive for half an hour without stopping once. Hard to do around Baltimore. lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts