Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I'm in search of anybody's old front struts / rear shocks that they're going to throw away. I'm going to try an adjustable damper custom job on my wife's 2012 Outback. I need the housings of the stock struts/shocks so I can measure them and for the front, use the housing for cartridge inserts (probably Koni). 2012 is preferred, since that's the year we've got, but I believe 2010-2011 will work too (tell me if you know other wise).

If this works, of course, I will post all information re: part numbers and how-to's for doing the job.

I'd be willing to pay for shipping and buy you lunch. :)

Thanks.
Jay.

·
Super Moderator
12,109 Posts
Moved to correct forum.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Man, a number of years ago, I was putting new Koni shock inserts into a Ford Thunderbird I had. I threw away the old shocks the day the new Konis arrived, only to find out that I needed to KEEP THE OLD SHOCKS, drill the shocks to let out the oil, cut the top of the shocks off and drill and tap the bottom of the shock tubes to insert the new Koni inserts!

I looked everywhere and ended up having to BUY brand new (inexpensive) shocks so I could cut them all apart (STUPID).

Talk about stupid and Not-Thinking! :eek:
:gasp: :confused: :(:17: :28:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Saint J VT
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing