Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Outback Wagon 2.5L 5MT
62 Posts
Good job! I did one of these on my old Chevy Blazer I had but due to the shallowness of the headlights it was a LOT more involved and included cutting into the core support and all sorts of mess.

·
Registered
2002 Outback LL bean H6
48 Posts
Nice video. I appreciate the sped up speed and not over simplifying every detail.
One tip for the hazing on the lenses. There are products you can get to coat the lens in a UV protectant. It should keep them clear longer.
Could you link the projectors that you used.
Have wondered how much depth there is in the housing and which units to install.
Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice video. I appreciate the sped up speed and not over simplifying every detail.
One tip for the hazing on the lenses. There are products you can get to coat the lens in a UV protectant. It should keep them clear longer.
Could you link the projectors that you used.
Have wondered how much depth there is in the housing and which units to install.
Thanks.

Glad you enjoyed the video, I will be making more in the future as well, planning to repair almost everything on my outback since it has 407,000km haha

As for the UV coating, I bought a Philips headlight restoration kit for my 05 legacy, I'll record that process as well!

·
Registered
62 Posts

Glad you enjoyed the video, I will be making more in the future as well, planning to repair almost everything on my outback since it has 407,000km haha

As for the UV coating, I bought a Philips headlight restoration kit for my 05 legacy, I'll record that process as well!
Awesome man! I think those headlight restoration kits are a little more work than they're worth after seeing and doing a bunch over the years. Brand spankin new headlights are only $100 - I'd highly recommend going that route because it'll make a world of difference. I could type up an entire page of why but that's what I'd recommend amigo.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback 3.6R Limited w/ EyeSight
257 Posts
How's the glare?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As you can see from the picture, the low beams basically point the the ground, I'm thinking the lense is pushing down on the projector shroud. Will have to take them apart again and see what I can do

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll try to take the shroud off and see how it fits, otherwise I would hold off on ordering these for the mean time

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'd be curious to see if it is the lens that's pushing them down. A better housing may be one such as shown below. They appear to be identical housings with different reflectors and bulbs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts