Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 CVT premium with sunroof
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving to work this morning at 5:30 in the middle lane on a three lane stretch of highway going about 65 mph. I was just about to drive past a Dodge minivan that was in the right lane when all of a sudden he wanted my spot on the highway. I swerved to the left to avoid him hitting me. Then I saw the guard rail in front me, cranked the wheel back to the right. I thought for sure I was going to lost control. The Outback settled down after the third steering wheel correction. I know if I was still driving my 2005 Tacoma 4x4 I would of wrecked for sure. My Subaru did good. Glad I own one.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
I was driving to work this morning at 5:30 in the middle lane on a three lane stretch of highway going about 65 mph. I was just about to drive past a Dodge minivan that was in the right lane when all of a sudden he wanted my spot on the highway. I swerved to the left to avoid him hitting me. Then I saw the guard rail in front me, cranked the wheel back to the right. I thought for sure I was going to lost control. The Outback settled down after the third steering wheel correction. I know if I was still driving my 2005 Tacoma 4x4 I would of wrecked for sure. My Subaru did good. Glad I own one.
Welcome back MC LOL
Glad you survived. I had a 4runner and swear I had it on two wheels at least twice in similar situations as yours. No doubt all the crying about the OB's handling one thing it will do is keep the rubber side down LOL

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 premium, NON pzev!
43 Posts
Glad you & auto are OK. Replace the "meep meep" horn with something that is audible and use it! When in traffic like you described I try to keep one thumb or ? on the horn. Also I replaced OEM with a much louder Stebel Nautilus. IMO it can't be to loud when it's needed. Stay safe.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
My motto, "expect the unexpected and nothing will surprise you".
It is why I am still alive today.

·
Premium Member
2010 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i w/AWP 6MT
430 Posts
Well done! If you haven't yet, do the rear sway bar mod - it will increase stability a bit more.
Question for you... I notice on sharper turns at decent speeds that if I hit a bump, the rear feels "sloppy" (for lack of a better term) - kind of like it is wiggling its way left and right through the bump/hole/whatever. Does this kit help with those kinds of road response?

Other than that (and it's nothing more than an odd feeling), the car (2010 Outback MT) handles great and though I can feel the road when driving (every little bump and vibration), it doesn't seem to otherwise react to it - for instance, pot holes and sunken street drains that would cause my Camry to yank hard to whatever direction are felt in my OB, but don't make the wheel yank.

Thanks,
Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts