Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on keeping this car long time. I got a good deal on it but it does have some scratches, minor dents and shitty rims. I want to lift it a few inches, get nicer rims, a brush guard and paint it a different color. It's currently a borrrrrring bland blue. I have looked into wraps and plastidip but that ain't for me sis. I want to paint it something similar to the Crosstreks such as the matte orange or bright blue. Potentially something like teal. I want the Outback to look more sporty and use it as an off-roading vehicle... Picking a color will be easy. Although I am having a hard time finding a car color simulator that can mess around with some different options. Yes, I can do photoshop, I am just surprised I can't find anything.

I don't care about resale value or it looking perfect. I just need something else that is similar to my personality. I know it'll probably cost me a couple thousand and I'm willing to dish it out. I'm just curious if anyone has repainted their Subaru and their experiences.

·
Registered
'15 Outback 2.5i Premium
2,498 Posts
Ick. Resprays are usually much less durable than factory paint, but it's your car, so whatever floats your boat.

Maybe one of these guys is near you. I hear they specialize in modestly-priced repaint jobs:

https://www.maaco.com/locations/

·
Registered
5,863 Posts

Reactions: bx77

·
Registered
'17 3.6R Touring Brillant Brown Pearl
2,424 Posts
Ick. Resprays are usually much less durable than factory paint, but it's your car, so whatever floats your boat.

Maybe one of these guys is near you. I hear they specialize in modestly-priced repaint jobs:

https://www.maaco.com/locations/

IF, and I mean IF, you find the right shop. They can paint your car 10 times better than anything OEM. It costs more. But, especially involving paint, it's well worth it.

My local body man is in his third generation family run shop. They do excellent work. Any insurance work is treated the same as an out of pocket job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts