Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Outback 2.5 now
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an 03 LL bean H6 Outback. Symptoms were throttle, in park, would " jump" from 500 rpm to 800 once in a while. Long story short. I had the IAC Valve AND the TPS replaced yesterday.

Drove it today to work, about 30 minutes mostly highway put in park and tach was hovering around 400 and running a little rough.

No heat on no a/c... I know that changes the tach. I called the Dealership, who are awesome, and the service manager said " give it about a week to break in" Has anyone ever heard of this ? I find this quite interesting that a NEW part doesnt fix the issue immediatley. I will say .....when I got home and did the same thing .....it did not do it.

Also it seems like the fuel / air mixture is " off" when I am on the highway but just very slightly.

Any one experienced this before or have heard of this?

Appreciate your time and help

·
Registered
2019 Outback 2.5 now
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Throttle

Ok....Thanks...What is a while ? An hour ? Two ?

Appreciate your response. It also looks like we have the same car. How long have you had it ?

Michael

·
Registered
2019 Outback 2.5 now
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Dave............Thats what I thought.... but wanted to make sure...much appreciated...............have you done this yourself to your car ?

·
Registered
2019 Outback 2.5 now
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again dave for your expertise. ALthough it did not fix the issue, ( it improved maybe 40 % ) I appreciate your advice. How long should I wait ? Does it take a few days for the computer to recognize ?
Could it be something else ? I heard that that you need some sort of "amperage "gauge for the TPS or IAC valve. Is this true ?

Again....appreciate your time

Michael

·
Registered
2019 Outback 2.5 now
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Dave....................scan tool showed NO CODES......I will clean area...what did yoiu use ? ...Throttle cleaner ?......SHould I steam clean the entire engine ?

What do you think ?

Its good to have a fellow 03 H6 owner to help resolve issues the DEALER cannot !

Michael

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.