Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did my dealer survey after purchasing my car - but I got an email asking for another survey - this one by a company called Iceology. They are offering a contect for a 500$ gift card and want to ask about my purchase.
Anyone else get this survey request?

Not sure if I should bother.

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,766 Posts
I've done them on my last 2 new Subaru purchases. I can't confirm it was Iceology, but it was a 3rd party and I've never had any trouble.

I'm usually a little wary of spam, but IIRC the e-mail referenced the car year and model. It would be pretty tricky for a spammer to randomly have that info.

Also a quick google search validates Iceology as a survey vendor.

I like doing them because you can get very particular about things you WANT in a car and HOPEFULLY change the trend with Subaru.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,378 Posts
I also received emails from Iceology over the past month since my purchase in December and I completed the survey. They did not ask for any personal information (and I wouldn't have given it if they did), and as noted above Iceology is a marketing research firm.

Also, looks like Subaru has used them in the past for other surveys too:
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/68-news-media/3215-another-iceology-survey.html

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
I also received emails from Iceology over the past month since my purchase in December and I completed the survey. They did not ask for any personal information (and I wouldn't have given it if they did), and as noted above Iceology is a marketing research firm.

Also, looks like Subaru has used them in the past for other surveys too:
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/68-news-media/3215-another-iceology-survey.html
They don't need to ask for something they already have. Big business in matching up different data sources to get the full picture. Wouldn't be surprised if they already have it associated with your facebook profile etc.

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They don't need to ask for something they already have. Big business in matching up different data sources to get the full picture. Wouldn't be surprised if they already have it associated with your facebook profile etc.

About a year ago, after a year on facebook (and liked many aspects of it),
I removed myself from it completely - partly because of not liking the fact that all my info is being used to make someone else money. That wasnt the only reason I left though.

Anyway, Im ok doing a legitimate survey for Subaru - and with research, and help from you guys, this thing seems pretty legit.
I havent done this yet - I am trying to call SOA (cant sit on hold as long as it takes right now though) and I am going to ask them about it and ask them a couple of other questions, if they throw me a bone regarding my other questions, Ill do the survey. ;) Well see.

Thanks for the input everyone!

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,378 Posts
I don't recall exactly but I don't think they asked for more than an email address (which obviously they already had because they emailed the survey to me) and for feedback on my buying experience. Not sure what they could match with that information to be useful..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Iceology: survey and gift card = SPAM!

Pure spam. Just got mine. Love my subaru but hate the dealer.

Read the details/fine print: "in return we will enter your name in a drawing for one of fourteen $500 gift cards from a selection of national retailers of your choice".

About as scammy as I've seen.

Dealer sold your email to a mkt company. Plain and simple.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts