Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 100,000+ miles
Discussion Starter #1
My family lives in a small east central Illinois town called Paris. Its west of Terre Haute, Indiana and just north of I-70. Anyway, Subies aren't that popular in this area and I haven't really seen that many throughout my many travels through Illinois and Hoosierland. I know that Subaru dealers in these states are scarce, still if there is anyone out there with one drop a line in here!:D

Friendly Subaru Dealer, ,
I'm here in Lafayette, your friendly (local, sort of.) Subaru Factory Outlet salesman. I've been with Subaru for a little over a month, and I'm a convert. I absolutely love the cars. They make driving fun for me again. I can't quite afford to get my own (yet) because I have to get my wife and I into an apartment as I'm a recent college grad.

Subaru is also a great company to be connected with. Everyone who works for them loves the product, and I think it shows in the quality of the cars and the happiness of Subaru owners. It makes me smile when people come in to service for their 10 year, 199,000 mile oil change. You can't do that with a chevy.

Friendly Subaru Dealer, ,
As a side note, I know that there is a group of Subaru racing enthusiasts in Lafayette. I don't know the name of their contact, but I can find out. They do rally racing with older AWD wagons.

Registered
2000 OB Wagon, 2.5L auto
Do you guy drive the manual or auto trans? Speaking of which, which is better over all? Manual or auto? I am still undecided on which one to get. I'm from Chicago. :)

SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 100,000+ miles
Discussion Starter #5
SHO Type U said:
Do you guys drive the manual or auto trans? Speaking of which, which is better over all? Manual or auto? I am still undecided on which one to get. I'm from Chicago. :)
Well my current Outback has an auto, although I had no choice in the matter as it is an H6-3.0. I learned how to drive using a manual and still prefer it today. As far as which is better: A manual is faster and gets better MPG, it is also far more durable than an auto. Automatic transmissions are only there for people who can't drive a stick, that is unless the car (or engine) just doesn't come with a manual like my Outback. So yes of course I'd recommend getting a manual transmission.

On the other hand though, where do you live in Chicago? If you live in the city driving a manual can be tiring in traffic. Otherwise it would be fine :)

Registered
2000 OB Wagon, 2.5L auto
Anyone know of any '99 Outbacks for sale in the Chicagoland area? If so, pls post the site or infos.

Thanks!

Registered
1997 Outback, 1995 Subaru legacy sedan LS and 2005 Subaru Baja Sport.
Lincoln Illinois area?

Hi There
I just gave my Stepdaughter my old 95 Subaru Legacy Sedan. All the maintenace is up to date and it has a new water pump Cv axles and timing belt. It has about 170, 000 miles on it, but I figure she should be okay for at least a year without having to worry to much other than just keeping the oil changed.

Are there any Subaru Maintenance shops between Springfield, ILL and Boomington, ILL that would be a good place to go in the eveent the car needs work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Registered
99 outback Limited 2005 Outback Xt Limited
I have been looking for some group /Gatherings
Maybe we could post a request for Midwest owners to get together & show off our stuff?
Peace to all

Registered
2005 Scubie Outback 2.5 XT Limited MT
Hello,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the Indiana-Illinois crowd. I'm in central Indiana, just picked up my Outback last Saturday (2/18/06) linkage

If there are any GTG's anywere near Indy, drop me a pm or post 'em up and I'll do my best to make it there!

Registered
I am a loyal subaru person have been since I got my First Subaru Brat in 78
You are 100% right subaru's are hard to find in IL. I moved here from the east coast where they are readily available much to my dismay I had to search high and low to find a dealer let alone some one to work on it. All I can say is thank goodness It's a Subaru since they don't need much in the repair department.
My Outback Legacy is still pounding the pavement in Wood River IL:2:

Registered
'04 L.L. Bean H6 3.0
Southern Illinois here

Just to bump an old thread, i'm in Southern Illinois...about an hour from either Evansville, IN or Paducah, KY. I'm about 3 hours from St. Louis, MO.
Any Outback owners near me? :)

Registered
1996 Subaru outback 2.5L
hey everyone I live in southern Indiana I have a 96 Outback and was woundering if anyone knows if there are any rally events in Indiana?

I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
I'm normally in Chicago, but will be living/working in the Warsaw/Fort Wayne Indiana area this summer.

Premium Member
2011 Silver Outback 2.5i Limited, NAV.
I'm in southern Indiana too

hey everyone I live in southern Indiana I have a 96 Outback and was woundering if anyone knows if there are any rally events in Indiana?

50 miles north of Evansville on IL/IN boarder. Any group around here?

Registered
2010 3.6R Limited
I live in a small town with a large college in SE Ohio. Lots of Subarus here. I've read statements that Outbacks are popular with tenured professors, herbalists and lesbians. Could it be true? You'll have to draw your own conclusions, I still need to live here. ;-)

Premium Member
2011 Silver Outback 2.5i Limited, NAV.
I think you will find people with differing preferences in similar subset quantities through any area. Some are just more open than others.

I am a Presbyterian. Am I still welcome? :confused:

The question here might be, how do you like your Subaru?

I am still waiting on mine. 2011, silver, NAV. I am looking forward to the Media Hub. I haven't had one of those. I traded a 2005 CTS.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts