Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the seat heater switches does not illuminate on my 02 OB Ltd. This switch as you late model OB with seat heaters know has three illuminants: high and low are an amber bar and the locater light that has the seat heater icon. The later is the light out culprit.

Is this a separate bulb replacement or must the entire switch be replaced? Does the center console need to be disassembled or does the switch snap in and out?

Any further information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
76 Posts
In that thread, it mentions these part numbers:

2 Short bulbs PN 72351AC061 (Bulb Mode Temp)
1 Long bulb PN 72351AC051 (Bulb Fan)

Anyone know the part numbers for the tiny bulbs that're inside the actual buttons?

At any rate, those pictures & instructions rock. When I get a free Saturday afternoon, & do this to my car, I'll do the photo thing too, & maybe mine won't be as blurry.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Peaty said:
There are bulbs to replace in the side of the switch. I have some info here:

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91
I went to the dealer for those lights... they wanted to charge me something to the tune of $12 per light... I of course said no and went to Radio Shack. Same sized light, just no plastic cap for $1 a peice. I just swapped out the green rubber and the plastic cap, and put it all back together. works great.

enouen

EDIT: Just like to add that I've done this to 2 OB's now... Next I want to find some 12v-17v led's and replace all the lamps... that why I'd never have to do it again (one of the new lights has already burned out).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
enouen
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing