Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded a 2012 Imprezza for a 2013 0utback Limited. Had the auto dimming mirror with Homelink on the Imprezza and noticed that the three buttons were not illuminated and not visible at night. The new Outback seems the same and we are always fumbling to push the correct door button. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2011 2.5i Steel Silver Metallic, Limited , Moonroof
125 Posts
Yeah I always wished that they were a bit more visible, but I usually just hit them by feel now. I also worry that they might be a distraction if they were lit when the headlights were on. Unfortunately adding back side illumination would be difficult requiring significant modification of the existing mirror and buttons. Might be able to find an aftermarket replacement with the backlit buttons you need?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had other cars were the buttons were lit with small numbers. Other vehicles used protruding buttons beside each other where you could feel which one you needed. Seems like Subaru could add small bumps on the buttons in the future. Then you would not even need to look up. Are they listening?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts