Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
12,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

As the title says, we're working on a new video now.

The video describes it in full.

But the short version is I'm going to need ideas for the next one.

Is there anything anyone here wants to see attempted in a Gen 5 Outback?

As long as it won't permanently damage the car or is illegal I will consider attempting it.

@eagleeye @Kevin @traildogck I'm sure have some great thoughts on this one.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
https://youtu.be/y8ciK3n43sM

As the title says, we're working on a new video now.

The video describes it in full.

But the short version is I'm going to need ideas for the next one.

Is there anything anyone here wants to see attempted in a Gen 5 Outback?

As long as it won't permanently damage the car or is illegal I will consider attempting it.

@eagleeye @Kevin @traildogck I'm sure have some great thoughts on this one.
I see that you have lifted your OB 2 inch. How did it change the drive dynamics like ride comfort and steering feel on highways?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,246 Posts
Buns

Laughing at Oneself and with others is Good for the Soul

·
Registered
Fresh Out of Outbacks!
14,495 Posts
Early morning & late afternoon shots for more dramatic lighting

2nd camera in cabin to get driver reaction shots or cutaways to dashboard & footwell close-ups. Helps establish what the driver is having to do to make the car do whatever it is doing.

Wheel well or underfloor mount for suspension articulation close-up & dirt kick action shot. Of course you can't really leave it down there, but I think it would be worth a shot or two if you find the right spot. A cloudy day in a less-wooded area would probably help this shot.

Bringing that drone? Fly a backwards descending path leading the car over the crest of a hill. Since the drone can start higher than the car and finish lower, it should give a good perspective change. Might look even cooler slightly off to one side.

Lots-o-pup

·
Registered
'16 Outback 2.5i Premium WAM, Factory Hitch, Infinity speakers, Alpine Sub, Cargo Tray/Seat Protectors, Husky Liners, Rally Armor Mudflaps, LED Int Ltg, Subaru LOGO LED Projection Puddle Lights, OUTB
407 Posts
I wanna see some mud flying, water splashing, sand splaying, and outback shining. Mostly though, I want to see walking pup scenes with smiling owners!

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,053 Posts
your subaru,...on New River gorge, WV, bridge free.

like Evel on Snake River Idaho.

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
12,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Early morning & late afternoon shots for more dramatic lighting

2nd camera in cabin to get driver reaction shots or cutaways to dashboard & footwell close-ups. Helps establish what the driver is having to do to make the car do whatever it is doing.

Wheel well or underfloor mount for suspension articulation close-up & dirt kick action shot. Of course you can't really leave it down there, but I think it would be worth a shot or two if you find the right spot. A cloudy day in a less-wooded area would probably help this shot.

Bringing that drone? Fly a backwards descending path leading the car over the crest of a hill. Since the drone can start higher than the car and finish lower, it should give a good perspective change. Might look even cooler slightly off to one side.

Lots-o-pup
I can do these. Could you describe the last one more?

I am not quite sure I'm understanding. A video demonstration even would be great?

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6 Touring Wilderness Green
31 Posts
Nice video. No specific suggestions to help you, but I hope you and the puppy are recovering fully. Oh, here's a suggestion -- make sure the puppy is included in the vid!

·
Registered
17 Outback Touring 3.6R blue 18 Chevy Silverado High Country and a 11 Dodge Challenger SRT 8
322 Posts
A video of how to and what not to do when encountering different trail conditions and what the car is capable of doing safely.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 3.6r Limited
347 Posts
If you have not already done it ...
Water crossing ... Fording thru water
Going thru Wet slushy mud

·
On the Super Mod Squad
27,053 Posts
welding on a budget:

·
On the Super Mod Squad
27,053 Posts
3 Car batteries. Done.
don't forget to employ the local actresses as extras,... you might have to pay more the hooters.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts