Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outaback 2.5i Limited with eyesight.
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be taking delivery of my new 2.5i limited with eyesight today. We put the deal together on Saturday but they didn't have the car we wanted on the lot so they had to have it delivered from one of their other dealers about 90 miles away. Not happy that it will have around 100 miles on it when we get it but it's what we wanted and the deal was right.

I'm excited and this is our first Subaru so I'm looking forward to enjoying that legendary AWD and reliability that Subaru's are known for. Aside from looking the car over thoroughly to ensure it sustained no damage being "shipped" is there anything else I should expect or look for before I drive it off the lot?

·
Registered
2017 Outback Premium 2.5 with Eyesight. 19mm Rear Sway Bar. Steering Dampener Lock Down. HID upgrade from retrofit source.
215 Posts
When I picked my 17 up I did an inventory to make sure everything I had paid for was installed. I also checked the oil to see how much I was starting with. The oil was an inch above full on the dipstick. The dealer did a cheap wax job on the car and I wish I would have checked the paint better. They left a scratch along the entire rear hatch that follows the curve of the bumper with some kind of tool. Probably 3 feet long from start to end. It was raining that day though so I didn't see it and drove off. Shows up really well when I open the hatch and it is at an angle. Guess I'll eat that one and buff it out myself here soon. I asked them about buffing it out and got a underwhelming response.

Reactions: GregS

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. It's a rainy day here today but hopefully they have it in a service bay so I can really look the car over. Great advice on checking the inventory and of course the oil. We have noticed scratches on new cars before after bringing them home and that is frustrating to say the least. On our Hyundai the front drivers side fender had some scratches like they drove to close to a hard surface and it rubbed. Couldn't believe I didn't notice it before taking the car home but I brought it right back as soon as I noticed and they were able to buff them out. I'm expecting the sales person to give a complete over overview of the options and how to use them.

·
Registered
2021 Outback Touring
67 Posts
Check the tire pressure! The sticker on the door and the manual say 35 psi front and 33 psi rear. Warm or cold regardless they need to be 2psi different. When I got home I checked and they were all inflated to the same psi. I mentioned that to the salesman and he said "where do you see that?" Um, on the car! I really think he and the person getting the car ready should have known that!

And I felt awkward doing a once over around looking for damage. I should not have. I should have taken all the time I wanted!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got the car home and the Salesman did a very thorough job of explaining and going through all of the features. The car was clean inside and out and I found no issues with anything and believe me I looked. The drive home was about 45 minutes of highway and country roads. Very quiet cabin and the car is comfortable with good visibility, all things we noticed on the test drive as well. Has more get up and go than I would have expected a 4 cylinder to have. I like the smart cruise and lane assist. I let go of the steering wheel on the highway and it really does work. Kind of a strange feeling having the car nudge you back in the lane on its own. After three times it does dis-engage so there's no napping going down the freeway.

I'm looking forward to getting everything set up and learning how to use everything, save addresses etc.

·
Registered
2018 Touring 3.6 '15 XV
89 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride. We picked up a 2018 3.6 a week ago, and love it. It's still perfect. The ride is fabulous. It looks great and scratch free for now. All the toys work and the AWD feels confident.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Use in good health and many miles of safe driving. Ive had mine for nearly a month now....cant believe what a great car it is. Came from a '15 bmw 320 and dont miss it or the its premium gas(lol) one iota

·
Registered
'18 Outback Limited
20 Posts
GregS,

I hope you enjoy your '18 Limited as much as I'm enjoying mine.

When you have a moment, I'd be grateful if you could check to see if you have the same radio bugs that I have:

1) If the radio is off when you turn off the car, the radio comes back on until you open the door

2) While the car is on, pushing the power button to turn off the radio (the round, physical button on the left side) simply mutes the radio rather than turning it off.

Thanks and happy driving!

Ron

·
Registered
'18 Outback Limited
20 Posts
Check the tire pressure! The sticker on the door and the manual say 35 psi front and 33 psi rear. Warm or cold regardless they need to be 2psi different.
The dealer over-inflated the tires on my new '18 Limited 2.5 by about 5psi each. Otherwise, they did a good job prepping and detailing the car for me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GregS,

When you have a moment, I'd be grateful if you could check to see if you have the same radio bugs that I have:

1) If the radio is off when you turn off the car, the radio comes back on until you open the door

2) While the car is one, pushing the power button to turn off the radio (the round, physical button on the left side) simply mutes the radio rather than turning it off.

Ron
My wife has the car today but later on I'll a look at those things and report back. We really like the car so far. Lots of features to figure out which should be keeping us busy for awhile.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium (w/ E.S.)
50 Posts
GregS,

2) While the car is one, pushing the power button to turn off the radio (the round, physical button on the left side) simply mutes the radio rather than turning it off.

Ron
For #2, my Premium (ES, no Nav) will simply mute. I'll be interested to try #1 today.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,418 Posts
Our 2017 Limited was a dealer trade before we looked at it and had about 200 highway miles on it. Excellent job of cleaning it up for delivery. Everything was fine. Tire pressure was on the high side. On delivery, the salesperson spent at least an hour going over everything. and helping set up the radio, navigation and explaining a few other things. Possibly the best car buying experience I ever had. Winfrey Kirkpatrick at Quantrell Subaru in Lexington, KY is excellent to work with.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Per manual p126
if you press/tap radio volume knob, it simply mutes the radio. (the radio is actually ON but muted).

To turn off radio, you will need to PRESS & HOLD radio knob.

Please give a try to see "radio came on when door opens" issue resolved or not.

·
Registered
'18 Outback Limited
20 Posts
Per manual p126
if you press/tap radio volume knob, it simply mutes the radio. (the radio is actually ON but muted).

To turn off radio, you will need to PRESS & HOLD radio knob.

Please give a try to see "radio came on when door opens" issue resolved or not.
Thank you, OpticPilot!!

If I press and hold the button, the radio indeed turns off. Then, when I turn off the car, the radio does NOT come back on. Success!

But...

If I'm listening to a different source, like Apple CarPlay or a device connected via Bluetooth: If I power off the stereo by holding the power button, it does appear to turn off. But then when I turn off the car, the radio comes back on (until I open the door).

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited, Ice Silver/Titanium Gray Leather Interior
272 Posts
Thank you, OpticPilot!!

If I press and hold the button, the radio indeed turns off. Then, when I turn off the car, the radio does NOT come back on. Success!

But...

If I'm listening to a different source, like Apple CarPlay or a device connected via Bluetooth: If I power off the stereo by holding the power button, it does appear to turn off. But then when I turn off the car, the radio comes back on (until I open the door).
I'll have to try turning off when the 'radio' is playing (and see if its still off when I enter and start the car the next time)

When I tried turning off (Press/Hold) when my system was on Sirius/XM, the XM station started playing the next time I started the car.

·
Registered
2010/2016 outback
1,013 Posts
I'll have to try turning off when the 'radio' is playing (and see if its still off when I enter and start the car the next time)

When I tried turning off (Press/Hold) when my system was on Sirius/XM, the XM station started playing the next time I started the car.
Same as the new Impreza. No way around it , just turn the volume down before you shut it the car off or you will get blasted

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Touring
376 Posts
I think they over-inflate the tires at the factory for some reason. Our new Outback and Jeep both came the same way, with over 41 psi all around.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think they over-inflate the tires at the factory for some reason. Our new Outback and Jeep both came the same way, with over 41 psi all around.
I would assume for shipping and sitting on dealer lots to prevent flat spots on the tires, because who knows how long those cars will be sitting still until sold.

Or...they're just lazy to do it at the exact psi

1 - 18 of 18 Posts