Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some issues with my brand new Impreza. When I start and drive after a few minutes, and stop at a light, I feel the jerks as if it's motor is skipping. It goes away after driving for 4-5 minutes. Second, when I stop at a light, I usually don't exert full pressure on the pedal and gradually increase pressure till full it comes to a full stop, the pedal goes down a little bit while the pedal is depressed, usually it should stay where you kept your foot when you stopped. My question is, is it normal with Subaru AWD, I never experienced this in any other make or models, foreign or US made cars. Third, I got a flat tire after 2 months, with a minor rusty metal piece and second flat tire with a screw. My experience with tires is, when you buy a new tire there is no road side hazard till after at least 3 years of use. New tires are so strong they can not be penetrated easily. I will appreciate your comments.

·
Registered
2003 Outback, 5 MT, 134K, HG changed.
184 Posts
I'm not sure what could cause the motor to jerk, but as for the brake pedal feeling like it sinks a little after you stop, do you hear an audible change in your radiator's fan speed when it happens? My 2nd gen wagon does this at stop lights. I don't know the true cause of it, but my brake pedal pressure correlates to what the fans are doing, weird as that may sound. I thought it was a side affect of the load on the engine when some new accessory (ie the fans) spin up.

Either way, it sounds like you're still well within your warranty period to have them look at these things.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Did you test drive the car?

If so, we're the problems present?

Regardless, you may want to visit your local subaru service center.

Joel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Storklin & Joel,
I don't feel change in the radiator fan speed when it happens. I also didn't test drive the vehicle. I will visit the dealer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Don’t feel intimidated by your dealers service department; ask whatever questions you have and don’t accept answers you are not comfortable with. If your service department is not addressing your concerns, ask to speak with the general manager. Your question concerning stopping is a safety issue that could involve life or limb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts