Subaru Outback Forums banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
White 2020 Touring XT
483 Posts
So ... Say it bothers jakemccoy. Does that bother you? :rolleyes:
If someone is effectively being attacked, or at least belittled, then yeah, it kinda does. If it's an honest, innocent question, not a loaded one, then it wouldn't. Maybe go troll people about start/stop and turbo engines you've got no experience with some more?

·
Registered
2016 2.5i
1,076 Posts
If someone is effectively being attacked, or at least belittled, then yeah, it kinda does. If it's an honest, innocent question, not a loaded one, then it wouldn't. Maybe go troll people about start/stop and turbo engines you've got no experience with some more?
I did not see anybody being attacked or belittled.
Maybe you should mind your own business a little more, rather than bullying others.
What do you know about my experience with Turbo engines and start/stop? You are attacking - again.
You've done it in other threads because you didnt like what I said about my past experience with Turbo engines. Now you are repeating it here. Grow up.

(I do have about 250k miles of experience with Turbos, and my current main vehicle has a turbo engine. Whether you like my experience or not.)

·
Registered
White 2020 Touring XT
483 Posts
I did not see anybody being attacked or belittled.
Maybe you should mind your own business a little more, rather than bullying others.
What do you know about my experience with Turbo engines and start/stop? You are attacking - again.
You've done it in other threads because you didnt like what I said about my past experience with Turbo engines. Now you are repeating it here. Grow up.
Sorry, if you’ve got extensive experience with the 2020 OB S/S system and 2.4T, consider the statement retracted. I thought you made it abundantly clear that you had a 2.5i and would never consider a 2.4T.

I don’t care about your experience with other other cars. I basically ignored your incessant posting about turbos and S/S until you implied I was lying about gas mileage (“there’s always one” and later “must have been downhill”) after I posted a photo of the dashboard showing it, with your evidence that you “know turbo engines”. And doing it repeatedly when people post EPA-aligned estimates. Your experience with different engines somehow seems to trump people’s actual data with the specific car in question.

·
Registered
White 2020 Touring XT
483 Posts
Well, I flopped again. I have decided to get the 2020 outback limited with the navigation package. Magnetic gray with gray leather interior.
Sorry for the unintentional threadjacking — happy you decided on the OB, and I think you’ll be very happy with it!

·
Registered
2016 2.5i
1,076 Posts
Sorry, if you’ve got extensive experience with the 2020 OB S/S system and 2.4T, consider the statement retracted. I thought you made it abundantly clear that you had a 2.5i and would never consider a 2.4T.

I don’t care about your experience with other other cars. I basically ignored your incessant posting about turbos and S/S until you implied I was lying about gas mileage (“there’s always one” and later “must have been downhill”) after I posted a photo of the dashboard showing it, with your evidence that you “know turbo engines”. And doing it repeatedly when people post EPA-aligned estimates.
I have never said nor implied that you are lying. That must have been your interpretation, but certainly not what I think or said or even wanted to say.
Your attacks are pretty open though, on the other hand.
I am done arguing with you, please ignore my posts going forward.
Let's get back on topic .....

·
Registered
White 2020 Touring XT
483 Posts
That must have been your interpretation, but certainly not what I think or said or even wanted to say.
This is why I called it trolling. You wouldn't do it so regularly (a quick search just came up with four instances, though I'm sure there are more), then a couple posts later say "just kidding" if there wasn't something to it. But whether it's trolling or something you actually believe, when it started directly involving me on multiple occasions I started calling it out. That's not an attack or bullying.

And I didn't know ignoring was an option - consider it done, and sorry to the forum for the schoolyard meltdown and my part in it.

·
Registered
2014 3.6R Limited
857 Posts
I like your choice also. I think the choice kindda comes down to whether you like the drive and feel of an SUV(Forrester) or more like a car(Outback). I always thought the Outback was a lot more bang for the buck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
@Red Suburu it’s not so much how the vehicle feels while driving as it is that I’m sitting up high, and the seat height difference between the two is only about 2 inches. I also did not particularly care for how large the front windows were in the Forester.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Like flixden, I don't see anyone being attacked or belittled......except in this post.

Saw an innocent question being asked to someone that traded a '19 value brand vehicle for a '20 value brand vehicle because the interior "felt" like it was of higher quality. I've sat in both years, seems like a legit question to me.

Neither is world class quality but decent for what it is.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Well, I flopped again. I have decided to get the 2020 outback limited with the navigation package. Magnetic gray with gray leather interior.
Nice! I've looked at both and the Outback is the better overall vehicle...that's why it costs more. Can't beat the visibility of the Forrester, but it doesn't feel as planted and comfortable. If I was just in the city, I would look at it more closely.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Nice! I've looked at both and the Outback is the better overall vehicle...that's why it costs more. Can't beat the visibility of the Forrester, but it doesn't feel as planted and comfortable. If I was just in the city, I would look at it more closely.
@Bebba1 I’m kinda half and half. City and hwy.

·
Registered
2010/2016 outback
729 Posts
Actually the Forester feels more planted IMO . The comfort is perhaps a little better on limited and touring OB's vs Limited and especially Touring Foresters. Basically it's a wagon vs SUV feel. I have leased or purchased Gen 4 and 5 Outbacks, last Gen Forester XT and the Ascent.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Obviously, that lumbar support is subjective per individual. I have a natural curve in my lower spine and welcome the lumbar support. I had long road trips the last couple of days. I was comfortable the whole time and have no back issues today.
Happy you like the lumbar support. Obviously there are many like you because the design engineers who created these seats are smart capable people who do their research. I am just happy that Brucey published the video for those of us who prefer the lazy-boy seat config!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have both a 2016 XT Forester and a 2020 XT Outback. I prefer the Outback XT. I know that they don't offer the Forester XT anymore but i lived with a Forester Sport for two week and besides the drivetrain difference it seemed the same minus the new tech. Here is a quick and dirty pros and cons of what i noticed right away.

Pros:
Forester cabin has more headroom which makes the interior feel spacious even though they are about the same.
Forester has a more sporty look aka the new Sport models.
Forester can haul taller items as the trunk opening is larger.
Forester roof top cross rails are simpler than the collapsable ones.

Cons:
Seat are not as comfortable as the outback. Also the passenger seat feels like its mounted two inches higher than the driver.
Braking in the forester isn't as good as the outback.
Interior isn't as refined as the outback.
Road noise in the Forester is significantly louder.

·
Registered
2010/2016 outback
729 Posts
I have both a 2016 XT Forester and a 2020 XT Outback. I prefer the Outback XT. I know that they don't offer the Forester XT anymore but i lived with a Forester Sport for two week and besides the drivetrain difference it seemed the same minus the new tech. Here is a quick and dirty pros and cons of what i noticed right away.

Pros:
Forester cabin has more headroom which makes the interior feel spacious even though they are about the same.
Forester has a more sporty look aka the new Sport models.
Forester can haul taller items as the trunk opening is larger.
Forester roof top cross rails are simpler than the collapsable ones.

Cons:
Seat are not as comfortable as the outback. Also the passenger seat feels like its mounted two inches higher than the driver.
Braking in the forester isn't as good as the outback.
Interior isn't as refined as the outback.
Road noise in the Forester is significantly louder.
Limited and Touring trim Foresters are quieter than Base, Premium or Sport Foresters. Believe or not all Subarus on the new SGP platform share the basic interiors. The 11.6 HU IMO does not make it upscale. In my test the braking feel was the same. The best brake feel from my testing came from a Impreza Sport. Seats are slight larger and with the additional thigh support on top trims make them more comfortable . Cloth seats in the Outback are not any more comfortable than a Forester with the 8 way power drivers seat

41 - 60 of 69 Posts