Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Subaru Outback
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently, when I turned the car off, it spit one of the CDs out of the player. When I tried to put a CD back in, the CD player wouldn't let me. The lights below the CD numbers just kept flashing and no matter what number I pushed or how many times I pushed the eject button, nothing happened. Then, all the lights went out and I can't get the CD player to turn on. I read somewhere about a security lock out feature on the CD player, but I'm not sure if that's true or not. Anyone have similar problems or know how to fix it?

·
Registered
'04 OB Wagon
81 Posts
CD Player

I have never heard of this problem. What year is your car? Try this: Press and hold the eject button for a couple seconds. this will spit out any remaining discs. Press and hold the "load" button for a couple of seconds and the player will allow you to load six discs (have the discs ready before hand) this may remedy the problem. I hope this helps.

Kurt

·
Registered
200 Subaru Outback
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car is a 2000 Outback and unfortunately, I have tried holding down the eject button as well as every other button, but to no avail. My next thing to try is to remove the fuse to the radio and then replace it and see if the CD player resets itself. I don't want to replace the CD player since I paid so much money for it.

Thanks for the response!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts