Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
David Bowie died a few months back and we had some discussion.

I figured to make the world a better place, here a Memorium thread for people that have run over the speakers of many a subaru.

...past on they are :crying:,...but still making the world better. :smile2:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Cohen

Leonard Cohen Dead at 82 - Rolling Stone

Poet/ Lyricist/ Orchestrator like 50 -60 years worth of work, 242 soundtrack credits and counting on IMDB
Leonard Cohen - IMDb

...that cool uncle you wish you had.

Sept 21, 1934 - Nov 7, 2016, (announced 11/10/16)

I think his music has permeated many subarus,...making them greater then they already are.

....I think many a subaru will visit his place of rest in Montreal.

here a long version of 1992's "The Future" with lyrics. (it was used in the closing credits of Natural Born Killers by Oliver Stone).

I hesitate to pick this one video,...looking for something similar, but not finding it:

opening words nice, video of the birds is nice , it is a good sound capture of a live 2008 version of "anthem" at London. with lyrics. also really long.

·
Super Moderator
25,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a live David Bowie from 2002 in Berlin, Heroes.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Been a tough year for music. About the time I was completing a Leonard Cohen playlist for my OB, I heard Leon Russell died too. Yeesh. His own music may not be on everyone's list, but if you liked a song from the 60s or 70s, Leon probably played on it.

·
Premium Member
15,916 Posts
We Lost a Motorhead

I can't believe this hanging fruit is still waiting for his time in the sun, on car forum.

Lemme....remind us all, we also lost a Motorhead...without Motorhead, Clutch would not exist. Now that's car music.

RIP Lemmy.

·
Registered
461 Posts
In our hippy wagon - there's always some tasty dead shows

And ABB

And old school Metallica

Thin White Duke

And the man:

And if my wife and kiddo fall asleep, I get to listen to the prince of darkness

·
Registered
461 Posts
I can't believe this hanging fruit is still waiting for his time in the sun, on car forum.

Lemme....remind us all, we also lost a Motorhead...without Motorhead, Clutch would not exist. Now that's car music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWB5JZRGl0U

RIP Lemmy.

Used to work with their guitar player - loudest band I've ever witnessed.
Lemmy was a genius

·
Premium Member
4,984 Posts
Elizebeth Cotton. This folk goddess made music right till the day she died. What an awesome life!

·
Premium Member
15,916 Posts
Used to work with their guitar player - loudest band I've ever witnessed.
Lemmy was a genius
Metallica, sans Cliff, welcome Jason..."And Justice for All" tour, the loudest band I every whitnesses. D*mn , 3 hours worth, I wanted NO Encore...And fans tore the "Spectrum" (Philly) apart that day.

·
Super Moderator
25,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think that's just Philly for you.
I remember a concert in Montreal that went a little askew too,....Samantha ? starts to discuss that at 41 seconds in:

(Faith No More, Metallica, Guns and Roses,

...the show with the pyrotechnic pot that set James' arm on a fire, and Axel being a whiner and quitting early,...then a riot of broken and stolen stuff).

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
I remember a concert in Montreal that went a little askew too,....Samantha ? starts to discuss that at 41 seconds in:

(Faith No More, Metallica, Guns and Roses,

...the pyrotechnic pot that set James' arm on a fire, and Axel being a whiner and quitting early).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzBbZkJPS5g
Ban Rock and Roll, it's clearly upsetting the youth.

·
Premium Member
15,916 Posts
Ban Rock and Roll, it's clearly upsetting the youth.
Remember, the D*mn near, criminal hit that MM took for Columbine? Maybe not. I am a huge fan of local radio. I have heard several interview with MM since. There was some major support inside the music community. It's is still a very difficult place for MM to perform.

I am glad the hate inherent in censorship doesn't have the same stage it once did.

Many of the above mentioned artists, knew that fact in spades. That's the reason they performed. ....

·
Premium Member
15,916 Posts
One last Beastie I Be

RIP Adam....

I had such a hard time trying to pick a song. I have seen the BB live many times...and I picked this....live on DL...because, they sample...they rap...but they can play...

·
Super Moderator
25,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can't find a good live one, (edit: added one late)

but I did dig up the original video for, "Howling at the Moon (Sha La La La)" by the Ramones

the originals all dead, Joey, Tommy, DeeDee, Johnny. (marky is still kicking around though).

edit: considering the subject matter of the song, I wonder how happy they would be, with so much legalization/ decriminalization of pot
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_in_the_United_States

a couple years back I asked a guy who was 60 or so if he ever saw them, and he said he had at the Jones Beach amphitheater, ( Long Island, NY)
his kids were all in their late 20s- early 30s and thought aloud "I never thought Dad was that cool"

youtube had it blocked for some stupid reason, ....

The Ramones - Howling At The Moon - vidéo Dailymotion

and here is some small show from 1985,....

Ramones - Howling at the Moon (Sha-La-La) 1985 - Dailymotion-Video

their original videos were kind of funny too,

·
Super Moderator
9,560 Posts
Y'all have watched west world, right? It's got some awesome covers....

Or how about...

I guess if we're staying on the topic of Bowie though, I really grew to appreciate "man who sold the world" last year.

Cover, obviously. But just as good as original.... (;

1 - 20 of 30 Posts