Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I am an excited first time Subaru buyer who can really use some help. I am pricing the 2013 Outback 2.5i Limited with moonroof, body side molding, bumper cover, and splash guards here in NJ. So far, I have been given a price of 29,000 + ttl. Is that good or could I do better?

Also, I love the ivory leather, but I have a three year old son. Am I better off with darker seats? I am concerned about how the leather will wear. Thanks so much for your help!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi! I am an excited first time Subaru buyer who can really use some help. I am pricing the 2013 Outback 2.5i Limited with moonroof, body side molding, bumper cover, and splash guards here in NJ. So far, I have been given a price of 29,000 + ttl. Is that good or could I do better?

Also, I love the ivory leather, but I have a three year old son. Am I better off with darker seats? I am concerned about how the leather will wear. Thanks so much for your help!
Welcome.

Go to popular car buyer sites and see the "invoice" price. Then know you can get a price either side of that depending upon your market area.

We have both interior colors between family and friends. I chose dark for my life as trail builder, 3 kids, dog and partly for a change. The light interior can show grease, dye from clothing while dust shows on the dark.

I can't speak on wear. The light color is exactly one year older than my dark 2013 and it lives an easy low mile life.

I can say this week makes for a month of having the 2013 and I have no regrets for some of the harder pre-sale or at sale decisions. They were Subaru vs something else, 4 vs 6 cyl, and the significant expense for EyeSight package. We chose yes for 4 and EyeSight. Everybody should test a car with EyeSight if they're already at the price of a Limited.

Good luck and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
...The light interior can show grease, dye from clothing while dust shows on the dark...
Don't kid yourself. The dark gets just as greasy and collects dye the same as the light, it doesn't show it as much, but it's there. It will require just as much cleaning on a regular basis. And dust shows incredibly well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I found, with dogs at least, that leather was easier to clean than cloth seats. Mud generally wipes off of leather, while it gets ground into cloth.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Don't kid yourself. The dark gets just as greasy and collects dye the same as the light, it doesn't show it as much, but it's there. It will require just as much cleaning on a regular basis. And dust shows incredibly well.
I don't kid myself, just know the results of having tan and charcoal interior cars at the same time, also a very light gray interior. Nothing could ever remove some stains that showed with the lighter colors.

Also nothing could ever remove blood stains from one trip we made to emergency room in our light gray car. I'm sure it a permanent stain look worse in the light interior even though my favorite Outback is white with the cream interior.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
imwjl
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing