Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the title says...

In the Karma Spirit Inspired @Rub

I was also inspired buy this specific winning post on ... "the thread that started it all"

And, speaking as the winner, thank you most heartily @Rub for hosting this contest! I do hope to pay this forward at some point.

But in the spirit of helping others on this forum right now, I had already decided that should I win, I would ask Rub to simply use the proceeds to help this worthy cause for the family of one of our moderators:

Gofundme memorial help.
I want to offer up a CKE CVT mount insert to someone interested.

I knew if I invested the capital to produce (3) separate CVT mount inserts ... I would have ZERO takers. It's always that way, I'm not "hating" on the the "baiters" that's product development and R&D and I have been at it a long time. From mountain Bikes, to back country ski gear ... To rubber for cars.

However, this forum is where I have found a home, and a real beneficial niche for our cars.

Same deal as RUB's raffle. Every post gets an entry...Little B will pick a username out of a bowl of folded entries...on youtube...

The winner gets a CKE insert, color of your choice. (including basic black) Raffle starts now and ends on Sunday 5/11. (Midnight Mountain Time) The only hitch, please post feedback (positive or negative)

Attachments

Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
Awesome karma!

Unlucky #1.

Thanks for this wonderful opportunity and good luck to everyone.

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't think I had better enter. I would look fixed.
The raffle is for the CVT equipped cars 2010 and above.

Also, a few clarifications:

1. we don't need to count, just post. I will be putting all "usernames" into a hat. (or helmet)

2. My daughter will draw an name on Monday morning before school, not at midnight.

3. The raffle details have changed, it's now for an insert only. In my haste, I neglected to realize I only have (2) of the (4) possible mount in my possession. Plus, I would rather have someone with an existing mount with some mileage on it ... benefit. A fully failed mount is still very rare.

On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
I guess only one person is interested in a CVT mount insert. It's going to make the raffle pretty easy.
hey, this is not powerball and megaball. :jump:+:jump:

its a subaru forum with around 250-290 people signed into it. :jump3:

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey, this is not powerball and megaball. :jump::jump:
The payoff isn't as attractive either.Although ... "Nobody thinks about their undercarriage until it fails."

I drove a '70 Dodge Dart "Swinger" for a while in college. I got it for free. I had it for a year and I changed the oil once. (D*mn slant-six)

I drove that car from State College, PA to Boston, MA and back many times. Once, I had a u-joint come apart on NY 87 ... Since then I have been very sensitive to chassis vibrations.

Sometimes winning the lottery, the wrong lottery, is NOT desired

Registered
'17 Outback Limited 3.6R in Venetian Red.
3! I鈥檒l give it a go.

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I should have posted this morning. I wasn't going to have little B only chose from 2 names. Now there are (4) of you.

I think all of you are running my sway bat bushings also ... lol. I like it.

Registered
'17 3.6 Limited
Put me down, too. I've got 9000 miles on my OB! I was curious about how many people had replaced these inserts. Now you're teasing with "sway bat bushings" !

Best regards,
Wade

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Calling all MTs also...

Put me down, too. I've got 9000 miles on my OB! I was curious about how many people had replaced these inserts. Now you're teasing with "sway bat bushings" !

Best regards,
Wade
To the point. The "insert" is not OEM. The transmission mount is designed mostly for comfort and is meant to be a "consumable". Although it will never be listed on a maintenance schedule.

A similar product is sold by another company. But only for the 4/5EAT. CKE SSP covers all (4) differenta CVT mounts utilized so far on the Legcy/Outback platform.

OH...One Even fits the MTs....Calling all MTs

Registered
'17 3.6 Limited
I finally realized why I am confused. You have links in your signature that I am not yet permitted to view. "To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 6 posts." So, this post gets me one post closer! I'll get there eventually.

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I finally realized why I am confused. You have links in your signature that I am not yet permitted to view. "To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 6 posts." So, this post gets me one post closer! I'll get there eventually.
Post a few more times. You will get to see pictures and signatures and email lnks...

LOL ... Spam Prevention.

You are still in...

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Do we have a quorum?

Cheers!
I believe we do. I can wait until tomorrow and let little B pick from a hat. She is in Mum's care today. or I can do it now. She doesn't care. It will just be easier to film her than figuring some camera mount.

Any winner color predictions/expectations? I am 100% open to suggestions. Most specific request i get are for black. Oddly, the (2) black CVT specific inserts I had on hand I sold today. I have tons of the crossover mount that fits the 4/5EAT mount. So I have to cast new inserts. I am making one each in black this afternoon.

Any special requests for those felling "froggy"? Frog Green?

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Drawing is this evening.

I pick up little B today and after school she will be drawing a username. lat chances to post are today. So far, there is a 1 in 7 chance ...

@eagleeye and @johnre are not eligible since they do not have a CVT. Unless you guys are playing for a friend.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.