Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post here and I'm very excited to find such an active community outside of Nasioc for the Outback. Just wanted to give my initial review of the Inno 388 tire hold bike rack installed on our OEM rails.

I'll have pictures up soon; but the installation was not straight forward due to the low clearance of the OEM rails. I had initially wanted to install the rack on the driver's side, but due to clearance issues had switch to the passenger side.

On the bike rack's forward attachment point to the forward rail There is a friction lock mech. that utilizes a long bolt that would otherwise not clear if OEM rails where locked down. The only way to install the INNO bike rack is to have the front rail "float" several inches up in order to thread in a majority of the bolt in; then position the OEM rail back into position with where it mounts into the roof holes; tighten the bolt handle thus securing the bike rack to the rails; then lock the OEM rail into the roof.

sounds complicated and took me a good 45 mintues to figure out... more updates will come

-Woody

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread. I am looking at getting this same rack. As the price is good and compared to Thule/Yakima, the rack looks fairly streamline when not in use.

Do you have any photos you could post?

Thank you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts