Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
OBS Obsessed, ,
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would share

We are pleased to introduce the Outback Sport Special Edition. This model receives additional equipment including Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shift Knob, Rear Spoiler, Armrest Extension, Auto- Dimming Compass Mirror, 260 Watt Premium Audio System that includes an AM/FM stereo with 6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer, 6 Upgraded Speakers and a Subwoofer. The Outback Sport
Special Edition package is attractively priced at a low $500 MSRP (a $1,500 value with $1,000 discount shown on the Monroney label). The Outback Sport Special Edition model is offered at MSRP of $19,395 for the 5MT and $20,195 for the 4AT. Dealer availability for Outback Sport Special Edition is planned for August 2004.

·
OBS Obsessed, ,
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
At least one new color

Obsidian Black Pearl

No more white. I am not sure but the blue and green might be different than the 04. At least they are different names. We'll see.

Apparently there are 2 models of the OBS. The regular and Special Edition.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Wow, the OBS gets a luxury version! Still made in Japan too, I assume. I only have 24,500 miles on my '02 so I won't be looking anytime soon for a replacement:) . Unless I want to upgrade to rear discs.............................................Brian

·
I need a fog horn, ,
2004 Outback Sport
212 Posts
The new lower gray is really dark. they put the color selector and prices up on subaru.com

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
I think all the two-tone bottom colors (grey) are getting real dark. They were kinda bronzish for a couple years ('02 & '03) and now the greys are getting darker. Not bad, though. I think the two tones really set the 'Outback" apart from the rest of the Legacy line. And Impreza for the same reason. Brian

·
Friendly Subaru Dealer, ,
47 Posts
Every dealership is getting at least one. So your local dealer will have one come august, less any setbacks at the port.

·
Registered
'04 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport H-4 4EAT Platinum Silver Metallic
195 Posts
I hate those 3-spoke steering wheels. No way to put a hand at the bottom when cruising on the freeway.

Any chance of getting the (much better, to me) 4-spoke steering wheel from '04 on a '05? If not, and not inexpensively done, looks like I'm going to need to find the right '04 on a lot.

Which leads me to ask if a '04 is beyond ordering new this late in the model year? I've yet to ask a local dealership about any of this. Going in today to try and speed up this new car buying. My PU truck developed a leaky waterpump seal a couple weeks ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts