Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback 3.6R Limited w/ EyeSight
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i Googled / searched here and came up blank.

I was out with my niece teaching her how to drive. She drove around on local roads for about 2 hrs / 30 miles.

When I dropped her off at my sister's, i hopped back in the driver's seat and noticed this on the screen.

At this point, we'd driven 2 hrs and 32 miles on local roads. She did pretty darn good for her first time driving. GO TEAM!

20200717_123112.jpg
20200717_104942.jpg

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback 3.6R Limited w/ EyeSight
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That one is new to me.

On mine I get a "2/3/4/etc hours since ignition on" on the display between the gauges but haven't seen it come up on the center.
Yeah. I'm glad i posted it. Totally caught me off guard. Lol.

·
Registered
2016 OB 2.5 Premium with Eyesight and 2018 OB Touring 3.6
68 Posts
That one is new to me.

On mine I get a "2/3/4/etc hours since ignition on" on the display between the gauges but haven't seen it come up on the center.
I wonder if you need the navigation system to receive that message? I too have received the "hours since ignition on message" but I don't have a navigation system.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
6,927 Posts
Our 2015 Legacy and 2016 Outback are like yours. I think it may be another case of MY 2015-2017 vs. 2018-2019 differences.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
6,927 Posts
Good point! Hmmmmm ...

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
I wonder if you need the navigation system to receive that message? I too have received the "hours since ignition on message" but I don't have a navigation system.
I did not have nav on my '15 OB and would get that message on the driver's info center after 2 hours of driving.

Reactions: SpartanRacer

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I did not have nav on my '15 OB and would get that message on the driver's info center after 2 hours of driving.
Yep. Topic of the thread is infotainment system message... so, nav infotainment systems only have that message/setting (footnote there in the multimedia system manual page there).

·
Registered
2019, Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R
940 Posts
I get that one on my 2019 as well. Have to see if there is a similar menu tree to turn yet another Subaru nanny feature off.

Reactions: SpartanRacer

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I get that one on my 2019 as well. Have to see if there is a similar menu tree to turn yet another Subaru nanny feature off.
Naw, just leave it on and be pleasantly surprised if it ever pops up!

The 2019 renames it to sound all fancy. “Rest Stop Guidance Function”. Also, we get the low fuel search warning too... the order of them is reversed from the 2016 menus I posted earlier (I was in the car and checked just as I got back).

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited nav/eye purchased 8/6/18
271 Posts
Great photo, Uncle! Is that a smile of accomplishment or a grimace of terror?? :)

·
Registered
2010 2.5 CVT Premium
1,208 Posts
More big brother knowing what's best for you. 👁👁

and nice job helping keep your niece safe. 👍

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
1,236 Posts
lolol technology strikes again.. .it would nag be to death on my 12+ hour drives when road tripping...

about that pix, lol is that your scared so bad look? lol anyways contrats on the driving lessons

·
Registered
2019, Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R
940 Posts
Naw, just leave it on and be pleasantly surprised if it ever pops up!

The 2019 renames it to sound all fancy. “Rest Stop Guidance Function”. Also, we get the low fuel search warning too... the order of them is reversed from the 2016 menus I posted earlier (I was in the car and checked just as I got back).
Off!

Reactions: walker

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Limited Titanium
416 Posts
My 2016 with Nav had that feature. You can turn it off. My 2019 has Nav but not that “two hours” take a break warning. Just the 2-hours, 4-hours, 6-hours from engine on alert thing. On my recent trip to Atlanta, I tanked up in VA and drove six hours non-stop to my home in CT so I know you can get a 6-hours from engine on alert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts