Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback 3.6R Limited w/ EyeSight
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
lolol technology strikes again.. .it would nag be to death on my 12+ hour drives when road tripping...

about that pix, lol is that your scared so bad look? lol anyways contrats on the driving lessons
pics are / were for my sister. :D

we've been out twice since. she's getting better, but has a looooong way to go. she's just like my sister (her mom LOL)... not a natural driver, has lived a sheltered life compared to her siblings in the same household.

It's cool because COVID-19. Gets me out of the house a few times a week and same for her... + learning to drive.

She is trying to get a job to help pay for Driver's Ed. *Just like my sister did.

My brother and I had a few lessons and were thrown to the wolves! But, all the male relatives made sure we could drive by age 12, if anything so that we could warm the cars up or valet park for them.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
6,927 Posts
Gets me out of the house a few times a week and same for her... + learning to drive.
You're a good uncle for doing this. Your niece will probably remember it for the rest of her life.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am an uncle too! :) Gotta love helping to teach the nieces to drive. got to teach two nieces from my older sister's family how to drive a manual, and they Loved it! One of them is a pretty die-hard Subaru fan these days. The photo you took there is indeed worth much more than a 1000 words!

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R, Crystal White Pearl
542 Posts
That one is new to me.

On mine I get a "2/3/4/etc hours since ignition on" on the display between the gauges but haven't seen it come up on the center.
I see it on mine..

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium Dark Grey 4 cyl
266 Posts
I love that message. Someone decides "let's make it more safe for drivers by issuing a bling bling and pop up a message that says "you've been driving a long time, want to search for a place to take a break?"

So you're driving along the road. All of a sudden a message pops up on the infotainment that says "you've been driving a long time, want to search for a place to take a break"?

So you look at it and start pressing buttons to find a place to take a break. You continue driving along, veer off the road towards a cliff. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Now you're hurtling down 500 feet at 70 mph. All because you had to press a bunch of buttons on the infotainment. :p

·
Registered
100 Posts
I did not have nav on my '15 OB and would get that message on the driver's info center after 2 hours of driving.
My '18 popped up with this on a recent trip. Had no idea it did that, but normally I have to get out and run around the car every 1-1/2 hours. 2 hours in a little BING and the message. It was dang subtle, then it tiptoed away.

·
Registered
100 Posts
pics are / were for my sister. :D

we've been out twice since. she's getting better, but has a looooong way to go. she's just like my sister (her mom LOL)... not a natural driver, has lived a sheltered life compared to her siblings in the same household.

It's cool because COVID-19. Gets me out of the house a few times a week and same for her... + learning to drive.

She is trying to get a job to help pay for Driver's Ed. *Just like my sister did.

My brother and I had a few lessons and were thrown to the wolves! But, all the male relatives made sure we could drive by age 12, if anything so that we could warm the cars up or valet park for them.
But does she know how to change a tire???????

All youngsters, esp. young women need this vital skill. Plus jumping a battery.

·
Registered
(Australian spec) 2019 MY19 Outback 3.6R CVT.
467 Posts
That message has popped up on the infotainment screen of our Australian spec cars (SH Foz XT, SJ Foz XT, 2016 Liberty, 2019 Outback) at exactly 2 hours from the time the engine was started. Although I think it mentions ‘2 hours’ instead of ‘a long time’ (I can’t remember exactly because it is one of the options I always have disabled).

It is interesting to see it on the US vehicles. I always suspected it was implemented on our cars over here because it is recommended by our traffic authorities to take a short break every 2 hours for fatigue management while driving. It has been proven that fatigue is the cause of many road accidents & deaths, especially on long boring highway trips, & in particular in the early hours of the morning when driving most of the night.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
3,972 Posts
They should rotate random messages at least.

"You haven't stopped in a long time, you know you have to pee."

"If you don't stop pretty soon you are going to develop a blood clot in your leg."

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited -2.5 CVT ---- 'Gone' 2014 Outback Limited - 2.5 CVT ---- 'Rehomed' 2012 Outback Limited - 2.5 CVT - Deep Indigo Pearl ---- "RIP" 2010 Outback - 2.5 CVT - Silver - So's my hair
120 Posts
They should rotate random messages at least.

"You haven't stopped in a long time, you know you have to pee."

"If you don't stop pretty soon you are going to develop a blood clot in your leg."
Darn... I just read the entire string of messages and you were the first to mention why you might want to stop.

Reminds me... I need to go.

I'm old. the bladder is in charge.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback 3.6R Limited w/ EyeSight
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
But does she know how to change a tire???????

All youngsters, esp. young women need this vital skill. Plus jumping a battery.
I agree.

it's a crawl, walk, walk again and again with this one. lol.

I've been busy this week, but should be albe to take her out in the next few days. There have been a few "moments" but I know where to take her so we don't die. hahhaaha.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts