Subaru Outback Forums banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have a copy of the following files:

NU9020_USB_1st.exe
NU9020_USB_2nd.exe

I just recently purchased a 2015 Outback with Nav, and it still has NU9006. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking for the latest OU firmware files. I'm running OU9006 on my 2015 Outback 2.5i Limited with NO NAV.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Premium w/ power moonroof, dimming mirrors and power hatch. All weather package
349 Posts
Can't the dealer just do this next service?

I don't want my dealer messing with my Infotainment files. As they say, if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
2,401 Posts
The dealer can do it, yes, but they were frequently not doing it correctly (at least not on the first service visit). Additionally, most of the recent requests appear to be from folks with 2015 vehicles, which may no longer have warranty coverage.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 3.6R
971 Posts
Hello, Can you please send me the NU9020_USB_1st.zip and NU9020_USB_2nd.zip please? I have a 2015 Outback with Navi.
You've posted this twice more in other threads. What you are asking is technically illegal, as Subaru charges for updates after a certain period of time. Posting the same thing in multiple threads will get people annoyed at you. :wink2:

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
2,401 Posts
Eh, most of the charge is likely for the time it takes to install the update, which is significant if you follow the TSB to the letter. At one time, for reasons unknown, we actually had open access to these files. Obviously there's a reason the files are no longer public, but I didn't even feel slightly bad about downloading them and performing the update myself. Of course, I had already wasted a bunch of time at the dealer for the update, only to find out they (1) didn't install the latest version, and (2) didn't properly complete the installation. Both of which should have been impossible had they simply followed the directions.

That said, don't hold your breath, those files are long gone. There was one member emailing them for a while, and he has since said that he wasn't able to keep up with requests. He will no longer be sending anyone files, so your only option is to present your dealer with a USB drive and beg them to put the files on it for you. Even if they insist on charging you for that, it shouldn't be much.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 Premium
146 Posts
I got an update to my radio firmware at the dealer ~2 months ago..
I am seeing issues which seem new
c) my Eco monitor and lifetime MPGs displays appear to be getting no data
The dealer screwed up when they installed the update. The update comes on two zip files, and requires two thumb drives. You unzip the files and copy them to the two thumb drives.

File number one has just one big file on it to be copied to thumb drive number one. Zip file number two has one big file and 2 or 3 smaller ones for thumb drive number two. If you only copy the big file from zip file number two to drive number two, the update will appear to work correctly. Unfortunately, Eco monitor and things WON'T work. You need to get ALL of the files out of the zip file onto the thumb drive.

Don't ask me how I know this...

One other footnote if you are getting this done, and you use the maintenance reminder feature of the car. The service information all gets set back to zeros. Best to save that info before updating the radio.

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
2,401 Posts
You didn't actually need two USB drives, I used the same drive by switching the files for the second part. Technically, the USB drive should have a capacity of 4GB or less. Folks were using larger drives with no issues (for the most part), but I re-partitioned a large drive to present itself as a 4GB drive just in case (a bricked HU is an expensive mistake).

The trick to not screwing up the installation is described in detail in the TSB: after installing the first update, you check the versions and reinstall if they're not all updated, then move on to the second update, again reinstalling if necessary.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
6,419 Posts
... I did download the files myself from TechNet with a $35 3-day pass last month.
It's worth clarifying that this gets you access not only to the TSB, but also working links (embedded in the TSB) to download the binary firmware files themselves.

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
2,401 Posts
That would likely be because it hasn't been "hacked", with the exception of a couple tricks, e.g., disabling the lock out when moving. Probably not worth the time and effort to hack this unit.

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,222 Posts

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul!

·
Registered
19 2.5i OB LTD w/SSD Strt Twr Brc + OEM 19mm RSB
1,275 Posts
Maybe there was a recommendation where you could find them. Anyway, is $35 too much to pay for an update?

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
2,401 Posts
Then read more carefully? Yes, for some unknown reason, people have posted requests here. Have you seen a post from someone offering to send them?

The prior page or two should be more than enough to understand your options. Nobody is currently supplying files to anyone here, but there are 2 ways to get them (the paid option is guaranteed, the other is subject to availability).

81 - 100 of 101 Posts