Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 JDM Outback 3.0R, 5EAT
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i'm looking at 2007 H6 3.0 injectors. My car was built for the Japan domestic market (injector #16611AA660) which is a different part number than USDM and AU models (#16611AA700). Denso 297-0010 is advertised in the US as being compatible and I like the affordability. I tried to contact Denso with no luck so far and have spent some time searching the web for info. Also spoke to local injector companies who thought these were hard to get hold of and had no stocks or specs.

This question is out of curiosity and also that I can't afford to get this wrong if I buy the wrong flow rate :) I checked the physical dimensions which are the same and they use the same o-rings, seals, rails and PSI. What could the difference between the injectors ? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi i'm looking at 2007 H6 3.0 injectors. My car was built for the Japan domestic market (injector #16611AA660) which is a different part number than USDM and AU models (#16611AA700). Denso 297-0010 is advertised in the US as being compatible and I like the affordability. I tried to contact Denso with no luck so far and have spent some time searching the web for info. Also spoke to local injector companies who thought these were hard to get hold of and had no stocks or specs.

This question is out of curiosity and also that I can't afford to get this wrong if I buy the wrong flow rate :) I checked the physical dimensions which are the same and they use the same o-rings, seals, rails and PSI. What could the difference between the injectors ? Thanks
Hey it's me again :) Happen to have an injector that needs replacing also with the same JDM part number. Did you end up replacing yours with the USDM equivalent?

·
Premium Member
2008 JDM Outback 3.0R, 5EAT
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Ekkoo! Well I ended up ordering the injectors from Japan which was expensive and next time I would get the USDM denso model. There may be differences but the only thing I noticed was the denso model had slightly different printing on the injector body.

My injector trouble only came up after getting the old ones professionally cleaned, the engine would crank for a while before starting and I noticed the fuel pressure was dropping so likely they started dripping into the intake. New injectors fixed the problem here.

I’m just wondering what happened with your injectors ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Heya, my car ended up having a leaking head gasket so while the car is having the cylinder heads resurfaced I'm also having the injectors cleaned and flow tested. Currently it looks like one of the injectors is slightly out of spec so I'm just preparing for the option that I need to replace one. Sounds mildly worrying that you got trouble after doing roughly the same but oh well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts