Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed the overhead lights up front inside the car won’t turn off. I checked all the doors and I checked the switch to set the lights to doors or to off. It was on doors, I moved it to “off” and the lights are still on.
help?
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Wheel Tire

·
Registered
2012 OB , 2017 Impreza
4,463 Posts
...I moved it to “off” and the lights are still on.
This is unusual.... that switch is supposed to OVERRIDE the door-switches.

However, on some Subies, the interior lights are also controled by the computer. This allows the computer to turn on the lights when car is unlocked with the fob.

You did not mention what model-year your OB is nor did you mention if it has pushbutton start or a key. I suspect these details may help lead to an answer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brand new onyx. 2022. I got the lights out. Turned the car on and played around pushing the lights in and out / off and on. After a couple minutes i turned the car off then the lights went out. Push button start. It seemed like there was some sort of glich and having the car on a minute reset it.
Is there any kind of time out in these lights where if you leave them on they turn off on their own to save the battery?

·
Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
142 Posts
Brand new onyx. 2022. I got the lights out. Turned the car on and played around pushing the lights in and out / off and on. After a couple minutes i turned the car off then the lights went out. Push button start. It seemed like there was some sort of glich and having the car on a minute reset it.
Is there any kind of time out in these lights where if you leave them on they turn off on their own to save the battery?
FYI I realized that if I have my key fob on me and walk within a few feet of my car at night the interior lights will turn on for about 30 seconds. I think it’s “Welcome light” feature. Thought I’d mention it in case it may be what you’re experiencing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts