Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Limited w/moonroof package and Illumination Package #2 Dark Grey Metallic
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under the "All 2013 Models are Top Safety Picks" it says

"The 2013 Subaru Forester, Subaru Impreza (except WRX model), Subaru XV Crosstrek, Subaru Legacy and Subaru Outback (built after August 2012), Subaru BRZ, and Subaru Tribeca vehicles have received the 2013 Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) Top Safety Pick award (TSP)."

Why does it specify Outbacks built AFTER August 2012??

I'm irritated because mine was built in July 2012... Is there something "not up to par" with earlier builds or is it just a technicality that the certification couldn't be applied to earlier 2013 builds (i.e. timing, missed the deadline, built too early to qualify for a 2013?)

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Limited w/moonroof package and Illumination Package #2 Dark Grey Metallic
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i found this on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) website

IIHS-HLDI

If you scroll down to the Subaru Outback listing under "current model overall evaluations" it says that the date restriction only applies to front small overlap rating.

Does this mean that Subaru changed something on the 2013's after August 2012?

Did I miss something?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found the answer... here...

IIHS-HLDI: Subaru Outback

It looks like Subaru reprogrammed the side curtain airbags... Does this mean that I should take my car in for reprogramming? Is that possible?? Is that necessary??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts