Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback MT6
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm researching options for indash navigation for my base model 2013 outback. i'd prefer to stick with OEM if possible. This seller claims that the 2010 oem nav unit will plug into the 2013 outback. what are your thoughts on this unit? It is a great price ($325) and if it fits it would look good. is this unit crap or is it reasonable?

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
I don't think that's an OEM nav, though one that looks close to one. I haven't been inside the dash of the '13 but my '12 limited has a different harness than the '10 and '11 models. With the proper harness for the radio and the car it should be able to be installed. You will have to run the wiring for the GPS antenna and may have to add some additional wiring to get some of the accessories to work.

·
Registered
2013 Outback MT6
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks like you're right and i dont want to take a chance on a random aftermarket knockoff so i'll pass on this. do we have a recommended aftermarket unit that folks have had success with? i've looked around here and on amazon but am not seeing any clear cut winners.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
There are far too many opinions for what is good, effective or user friendly. I used to sell Kenwood as well as the Excelon units, Alpine, Sony mobile and the ES line, Eclipse, Pioneer, JVC and Rockford radios. They all have there quirks and it really matters as far as what is important to you. Some people want bluetooth, others need iPod and some prefer satellite radio. I've got a Kenwood in the OB and an Alpine in the Accord. I prefer the Garmin nav of the Kenwood but I prefer the iPod interface of the Alpine. It also depends on the budget that you want to stay within. I would stop by your local specialty shop and spend some time playing with a few units in the board. Its easier to figure out what you like before you buy when you can interact with it as opposed to reading a review. The interface is one thing that you can't change, and it's the one thing you'll have to deal with everyday for the life of the unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts