Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Outback. I am considering putting in an audio receiver (for mp3 and stuff). I found that there is a in-dash receiver kit you can purchase like this:
Subaru Legacy & Outback In-dash Receiver Kit 2005-09, chassis size E at Crutchfield.com

It only fits if the car does not have Automatic Climate Controls. This may sound stupid, but how do I tell that mine have ACC or not? I don't think I am very aware of the features in this car besides the fact that it drives well and I love it.

Any additional comments about installing custom in-dash receiver are also appreciated.

Thanks,

MZ

·
Registered
2019 2.5i Touring (Wilderness Green)
376 Posts
How do you set the temperature in the car? Is it via a hot/cold dial, or can you set the temperature itself?

If the former, you don't have automatic climate control.
If you do have the temperature setting, you do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you set the temperature in the car? Is it via a hot/cold dial, or can you set the temperature itself?

If the former, you don't have automatic climate control.
If you do have the temperature setting, you do.
Good! Then I don't.

Is there instruction on how to remove the dash mount and replace it with a receiver kit?

Thanks,

·
Registered
Fresh Out of Outbacks!
14,499 Posts
Good! Then I don't.

Is there instruction on how to remove the dash mount and replace it with a receiver kit?

Thanks,
Usually when you order from crutchfield they send you a printout with instructions and pictures. Usually very good ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts