Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Touring XT, formerly 2005 LL Bean
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the cargo light on the rear hatch from the Wilderness and (I think) all 2023 models can be installed on 2022 and earlier Gen 6? More specifically, I'm hoping there are just parts to swap out and/or add, without the need for wiring mods. Anyone have parts numbers before I pester the parts guy at my local dealer?

·
Premium Member
2010 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i w/AWP 6MT
688 Posts
Yes. As well as the Forester light that has been an option for a few years. Also fits the Ascent, Crosstrek, Impreza hatch, and many years of Outbacks. It replaces the emergency release cover.

You will probably have to do your own wiring.

I will suggest the OEM light over the SubiSpeed one (the SubiSpeed one cracks pretty easily, the OEM one won't).

THIS will come in handy, since the wiring and mounting instructions are the same. Instead of cutting a light into the panel, you will simply be using the OEM (or aftermarket) light in place of the panel.

·
Registered
2022 Touring XT, formerly 2005 LL Bean
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I had seen that already.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how the Wilderness unit is wired and whether I can just buy the appropriate OEM wiring and plug it into my car. I'm OK with DIY wiring, but if there is a clean and easy solution with just adding in the factory wiring from the Wilderness, I'd rather go that way.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Sure. I can help with what part:

Cord Back Door. Cord Tailgate (Rear Gate) USA.
Part Number: 81817AN05A

$110-$130 from a dealership if ordered via the web (MSRP of $154).

It's MAYBE plug and play, but I don't have the time to dig though the electrical schematics to check. It does include wires for other functions as well, that other OB's don't have.

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
The OP of a similar thread never updated it with any results, if they even bought the parts and went that route.

links to the lamp and harness are in it - same harness that Robert.Mauro posted above.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Which functions would those be?
Hmmm...

Ok, in digging further, I am finding that just the 2023 Touring has the "Smart auto-dimming rearview compass mirror with HomeLink" option (second camera in the rear liftgate)... so, I'm thinking that in 2020-2022, the harness should match up. Especially since even the Base model comes with the backup cam.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I haven't had the opportunity to see one close up. In the Ascent, it's in the liftgate, so the rear wiper cleans in front of it.

Regardless, that harness is shown to connect to the area the shark fin is in. Of course, the parts drawings are not always accurate, so, who knows? But, it makes sense, since it comes through right next to it (up the liftgate, through the rubber wire channels into the car's rear at the roof behind the shark fin).

Gesture Font Map Slope Circle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts