Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 OB 3.6R Prem, RSWB, PR Full Armor, PR .5F/.75R Spacers
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my Primitive Racing strut spacers (.5in F, .75in R, aka their "saggy butt" special) and full armor (3/16" front and back) skid plates put on to my '12 OB 3.6.

I am a medic on a search and rescue team, I take my car on calls and was originally looking to lift my OB .5-2in. After researching my options on (and talking to the very friendly guys over at Primitive) i decided to start with the PR strut spacers. And i must say so far im very impressed. The extra clearance is definitely evident and it seems the front almost benefits more from the lift than the back. I have taken it on one training call so far (just realizing i should have taken pictures *facepalm*, next time) and with the front skid plate i can easily "pop-up" over obstacles that were to too rough for the stock set-up.

As far as the ride quality difference, it is negligible. That is to say, yes i notice a slight difference trending toward more tight and hard (rather than loose and bouncy), which i kinda like. But honestly if someone installed these overnight without me knowing I would not notice any difference.

I did have a slight problem with the rear skid plate, It seems that on the 3.6 the tailpipe (where it splits, drivers side) comes into contact with the skid plate when going over bumps. I was getting a very loud clicking sounds from the slightest bumps. I contacted Paul over at Primitive and he graciously offered to bevel the corner of the plate if i send it in (he also said a new design is in the works for future plates). Well see how it works out, ill report back.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,758 Posts
So I just got my Primitive Racing strut spacers (.5in F, .75in R, aka their "saggy butt" special) and full armor (3/16" front and back) skid plates put on to my '12 OB 3.6.

I am a medic on a search and rescue team, I take my car on calls and was originally looking to lift my OB .5-2in. After researching my options on (and talking to the very friendly guys over at Primitive) i decided to start with the PR strut spacers. And i must say so far im very impressed. The extra clearance is definitely evident and it seems the front almost benefits more from the lift than the back. I have taken it on one training call so far (just realizing i should have taken pictures *facepalm*, next time) and with the front skid plate i can easily "pop-up" over obstacles that were to too rough for the stock set-up.

As far as the ride quality difference, it is negligible. That is to say, yes i notice a slight difference trending toward more tight and hard (rather than loose and bouncy), which i kinda like. But honestly if someone installed these overnight without me knowing I would not notice any difference.

I did have a slight problem with the rear skid plate, It seems that on the 3.6 the tailpipe (where it splits, drivers side) comes into contact with the skid plate when going over bumps. I was getting a very loud clicking sounds from the slightest bumps. I contacted Paul over at Primitive and he graciously offered to bevel the corner of the plate if i send it in (he also said a new design is in the works for future plates). Well see how it works out, ill report back.

:ttiwwp:

...just sayin'...

·
Registered
132 Posts
I installed the front plate but have yet to get around to the rear diff plate. I am waiting on the tranny plate. High quality workmanship and customer service was top notch. Curious to see your lift.

Grats
Patrick

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited
4 Posts

Hello! I've never actually noticed a "saggy but" with my currently stock setup. But I'm looking to lift it using the same kit you got from PR. Would you mind taking a few pictures of your current car and post them here? Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts