Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Limited
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am about to install a new head unit in my 2016 2.5i Limited. It is new in the sense that it has never been used. Production date was 7/2015. Is there anything special i need to do to update the firmware/hardware/software once it’s installed? I realize that there is a brand new nav update. If i install that will it update everything else? I have my SD card from the unit I’m taking out. (Nothing wrong with unit I’m taking out except that I’m starting to lose visibility in the sunlight with wavy lines)
If you’re interested by the way, i found an amazing product that shields the light from your display and is extremely effective unless you are at exactly the right angle to catch direct sunlight past the shield. But, it has been an amazing fix while i was saving up for a new unit.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Premium
89 Posts
Wow! This is incredible
How can you tell if a unit is or is not Harman Kardon?
Check the model number and look at the chart. Model number is hard to read but is on the face of the radio in the lower left hand corner.
HK models do not have an internal amplifier; HK models use a seperate amp located under one of the front seats.
Non-HK models have an amp built in and are not compatible with HK systems.
You must use the same type of radio that was originally in your car, eg: car came with HK then use HK.

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Limited
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check the model number and look at the chart. Model number is hard to read but is on the face of the radio in the lower left hand corner.
HK models do not have an internal amplifier; HK models use a seperate amp located under one of the front seats.
Non-HK models have an amp built in and are not compatible with HK systems.
You must use the same type of radio that was originally in your car, eg: car came with HK then use HK.

You, my friend, are amazing. I literally can’t thank you enough. I took a risk and bought an OEM new Head unit from a third party for an incredible discount compared to the $1400 price tag from SOA Fortunately, i bought the correct one. 😅

1 - 6 of 6 Posts