Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a strange problem with my '05 Outback. The dash light dimmer works for the console buttons etc. (red lights), but has no effect on the instrument cluster backlight. Moreover, the odometer used to read "Illum. 1-5" to reflect the position of the dimmer, but it doesn't anymore. The instrument cluster simply has a "constant" backlight. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This problem was recently solved by coincidence. The battery was disconnected for a few days. The dimmer is now working again.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
Strange things happen, if and when you disconnect the battery.

I disconnected battery when I was installing my brake controller. When I re-connected my battery my seat belt chime started to "chime" again although I have previously disconnected that warning by the infamous 20 click on/of seat belt buckle....LOL

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,182 Posts
Strange things happen, if and when you disconnect the battery.

I disconnected battery when I was installing my brake controller. When I re-connected my battery my seat belt chime started to "chime" again although I have previously disconnected that warning by the infamous 20 click on/of seat belt buckle....LOL
This happened to me. I havent been able to get rid of it again. Cant remember how I did it the other time - I know the push button start was different than the instructions I had found on here - but I cant figure out how to do it now.
SOOOO annoying.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
This happened to me. I havent been able to get rid of it again. Cant remember how I did it the other time - I know the push button start was different than the instructions I had found on here - but I cant figure out how to do it now.
SOOOO annoying.
Let me refresh your memory (although I am not sure if the sequence still works on newer models).
You start with seat belt buckle in ... then you turn all power on but don't start the car. Then you take the seat buckle out and in 20 times within 30 seconds ending with the buckle in again... open and close the door. Turn the power off.

The usual mistake is that one miscalculates 20 clicks on/off ... when I did that on my 2013 OB, it took me several attempts to get it right. On my current 05 OB it's a piece of cake...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts