Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 OBW 2.5 5MT
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of replacing the main backlight bulbs in the instrument panel a couple idiot light bulbs went out. It's not as obvious to me if the bulb and socket are separable with these smaller ones. Part for reference: goo.gl/gLaJtN. Does anyone know if only the bulb can be replaced, or do I have to replace the whole socket assembly? I'm looking for acceptable led replacements

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,345 Posts
They do make LED replacements as the bulb/socket combo...but I threw mine away. The fit was very poor. Think I ordered them from superbrightled.com

That being said, you can get those exact parts from NAPA for like $2 each.

·
Registered
2003 Legacy L/SE Wagon (5 Speed)
179 Posts
I've had really good luck with my LED replacements and thought the figment was fine, you just have to make sure you are ordering the right ones. There's a pretty extensive thread on this subject in the Gen 2 sub forum

I think that the bulb is sold separately on that one (or at least some of them) and I didn't have to file or clip anything

1 - 3 of 3 Posts