Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Outback H6 LL Bean Sedan
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Outback LL Bean H6 That has shifted hard when it is cold outside since the day I bought it. When it does this the sport light flashes. Once I restart the vehicle and the tranny warms up the problem goes away. I was wondering if I could remove the bulb from the panel or even break the light to prevent this from coming on. I would also like to do this to the Tire pressure light if possible. Has anyone ever done this?

·
Registered
2005 Outback R LL Bean 3.0 H6 w/ 5 speed sport shift
597 Posts
My Outback shifted hard until I changed the ATF to the Subaru HP fluid. Now it shifts perfectly! If you do decide to use the different fluid, be sure to replace the screw on filter behind the battery.

I can relate regarding the tire pressure light. I've driven autos for 50 years without having to be told to look at my tires and I'd be just as happy without this feature.

Myself, I can't go so far as breaking bulbs out....what about a piece of tape to cover the light? My guess is it isn't that easy to get at the bulbs in the instrument panel. The PRNDL console would probably be easier.

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Limited, VF37, STI intake, 5MT
1,567 Posts
When the sport light comes on, I assume it also throws a CEL? Have that code read, it could be something simple like an external sensor that is failing.

And I believe these bulbs are LED or soldered to the board. Removing them will probably also cause the CEL to come on.

·
Registered
2006 Outback H6 LL Bean Sedan
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Changed the tranny fluid with the subaru fluid and it still throws the sport light when it starts getting cold outside. I do not have a problem during the summer but when winter comes it happens all the time. very seldom does it throw the check engine light and the cruise light flashes. this only happens if it shifts really hard. I then have to clear the code with my reader. I will try the tape before taking the cluster out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts