Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

is there any performance/improvement to be had with some minor intake manifold work? i was looking around and i found some used intake manifolds for 2.5NA are pretty easy to come by, was just curious if it would be worth it to try? also same for a TB, if not i may still get a new intake to have media blasted and painted, also considering a phenolic intake manifold spacer, i havent done a whole lot of research on them, but sounds like a good thing to add if i will be taking apart the upper part of the motor, maybe a throttle body spacer as well... any suggestions?

thanks much!

·
Registered
12,304 Posts
IMO NA cars are best left untouched and valued for what they are rather than make them something they can not be - fast.

there are no practical gains to be had. every mod you make will be like "i think that helped a little"...then you'll work the gas pedal a little harder to see if you can tell..that probably makes most of the difference.

the physics behind an IC engine dictates that power gains are enormous for forced induction vehicles (turbo, super charger) and miniscule for non turbo vehicles. trying to trick out an NA car for FI gains doesn't work, though folks try it all the time.

that being said - if you just want to do it for fun, novelty, etc - then tear it up, there's really no need to ask, just go do it for a fun learning experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
idosubaru
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing