Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Green OBW 2.5L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I recently bought my first outback, and something has me puzzled. How do I keep the integrated child seat up? I've tried a couple of different strap positions whatever, and it seems whenever I come to a stop, it flops back down. Is there some specific way to put the straps?

I can't imagine I'm the only one who has had this issue (unless this was like a really rare option back in the day...).

Thanks in advance.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,372 Posts
Integrated child seat?

·
Registered
2000 Green OBW 2.5L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, in the middle of the back seat, it folds down from the seatback. Has a small 5 point harness built in. When I was inspecting the car before buying it I flipped it down expecting an armrest or something and found it instead.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,372 Posts
That's a rare option.

·
Registered
2000 Green OBW 2.5L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, the manual wasn't much help(as I already had the straps set up like it recommended), but after some investigation and some trial and error, I have gotten it to stay up better by repositioning the vinyl covered pad that is on the child seat (it's held in by velcro). And yeah I do have a picture of it. (and hopefully it shows up below...)

·
Registered
47 Posts
That looks completely unsafe hope your not putting any children in it..... not to mention uncomfortable for the kid

·
Registered
2008 Ford Escape XLS - 2002 Subaru Outback
246 Posts
It's meant to take the place as a booster seat for kids like 5 years old. Not for babies and toddlers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts