Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded my Subaru Outback 2012 for the brand new 2013 and would like to see if anyone would be interested in swapping alloy wheels. I would just prefer to keep 2012 wheels...Thanks

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thought about this myself. The more I see the 2013 wheels though, the more I have come to accept them. That said, some legacy wheels wouldn't look bad haha.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I asked dealer and they said they cannot make any changes since I am using the GTP program...they basically cannot replace wheels from my 2012 to 2013

·
Registered
16 Posts
Interested

If I can keep my painted center caps, I am willing, I still have the original caps. I have a 2012 with 4100 miles. I am in Ohio. Not sure how that works but I would be willing to meet half way if we can work it out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
just let me know if you decide to move forward...you can see new 2013 Subarus at dealerships now...
I will, but it may be a while...
I normally don't drive anywhere near a Subaru dealer, and I'm going to be very busy the next 2 weekends.

The thought of paying close to $100 for mounting and balancing the tires is somewhat demotivating too. (I'm assuming that you don't want my 9500 mile tires)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We can work it out

If I can keep my painted center caps, I am willing, I still have the original caps. I have a 2012 with 4100 miles. I am in Ohio. Not sure how that works but I would be willing to meet half way if we can work it out.
I think we could work something out, Ohio is not that far and we could probably meet somewhere in the middle. Are your wheels in good condition? Mine are like brand new...I will be out traveling next week, so the earliest would be in 2 weeks. Please send a private message to me so we could exchange phone numbers and pictures of wheels. Thanks Jay

·
Registered
185 Posts
Are the 2010-2012 wheels the exact same specs as the 2013 wheels? I found a set for snow tires and wanted to use them for my 2013. can someone let me know?

Thanks

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the 2013 wheels. They look so bizarre with the fat 3 spoke design with the smaller 3 spokes. Weird to me.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I don't get why people dislike the 2013 wheels. I've liked them over the 10-12 wheels since day one. They aren't symmetrical but they are more reveling of the rotor which I really like. I like the old blue center cap, but dislike how they aren't very open to the rotor.

Side note - what is the "GTP Program"?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Are the 2010-2012 wheels the exact same specs as the 2013 wheels? I found a set for snow tires and wanted to use them for my 2013. can someone let me know?

Thanks
Anyone have my answer?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Guarenteed Trade-in Program offered by Subaru.
Which when I went to trade in my 2006 was up to $1000 difference from 3 separate dealers. I sold it for $15500 w/ 60000 and 5.5 years of use. The best GTP I was offered was 11,200. Three weeks to sell and two days to shop around on the phone for a new one. So with $7200 total between the old and the new I paid myself about $300 per day to wait the 23 days.

Don't trade! Detail the car and get paid.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
12 Participants
fat tire
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing