Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback 2.5i
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Owner of a 2020 Base Model. Been looking for some cleaner for the interior (dash, center console, doors, etc.) I hear good things about Meguiar's. Does any know if these products below would be safe on the interior of the OB 2020 Base Model? If anyone has any other projects they suggest post below! I want to keep my baby clean!

Thanks

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,564 Posts
Hey guys,

Owner of a 2020 Base Model. Been looking for some cleaner for the interior (dash, center console, doors, etc.) I hear good things about Meguiar's. Does any know if these products below would be safe on the interior of the OB 2020 Base Model? If anyone has any other projects they suggest post below! I want to keep my baby clean!

Thanks
I am a huge fan of Meguiar's but for interior, I use 303 Aerospace cleaner. It's fantastic for protecting dashboard and other trim from sun damage.

·
Registered
2020 Abyss Blue Pearl OB XT
266 Posts
I am a huge fan of Meguiar's but for interior, I use 303 Aerospace cleaner. It's fantastic for protecting dashboard and other trim from sun damage.
I recently bought the 303 cleaner too and the one for leather. Both work great so far!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I’ve been using 303. I used to use the shiny stuff on the dash but it seems to off gas or something and leave a film on the windshield. I don’t get that with 303. I do miss the shine though.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT
6 Posts
Hey guys,

Thanks
Car care products are as much of a personal preference as one's choice of automobile. I have used Meguiar's products almost exclusively for all of the cars I have owned with excellent results. But based on all the praise for 303, I am going to try it when I have used up my stock of Ultimate interior detailer. Find what works the best for you and have fun.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I use 303 Aerospace cleaner. It's fantastic for protecting dashboard and other trim from sun damage.
Hey, I have a question for ya. Have you used both 303 products, the cleaner then followed by the protectant? Not sure it’s necessary to do both, but thought I’d get your input. I bought both types, but wouldn’t mind skipping a step. I can always use the protectant elsewhere, so not a problem. Thanks, as always!

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,661 Posts
I regularly use and recommend Meguiar's products. And if you try and like the consumer-oriented small spray bottle portions, just buy a gallon of their D101 concentrate and a spray bottle, and mix it yourself:

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,564 Posts
Hey, I have a question for ya. Have you used both 303 products, the cleaner then followed by the protectant? Not sure it’s necessary to do both, but thought I’d get your input. I bought both types, but wouldn’t mind skipping a step. I can always use the protectant elsewhere, so not a problem. Thanks, as always!
Hello @Rori
I use an all purpose cleaner like simple green or 409 on a cloth if there is heavy cleaning required. Otherwise I just use 303 protentant on a cloth to both clean and apply protectant to various trim pieces and dash. For light dust and the like, the motion of applying 303 is enough to get the dust off.

·
Registered
2020 Limted XT Black/Ivory
490 Posts
Recently I’ve been using 303 as well. In the past, I’ve had really good luck with just using the soft bristle dashboard attachment on the shop vac and cleaning any spots with griots interior cleaner.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Onyx XT Autumn Green
60 Posts

Use this stuff and it works great. Natural finish. Protects, and it works for all of the surfaces including the screens. I just use thick, soft microfiber.

·
Premium Member
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
629 Posts
I suggest being real careful with Simple Green. It is a fabulous cleaner but may be too agressive for car interiors. I use the 303 and Griots Garage interior cleaner for the nasty stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts