Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Touring
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with a 2018 Outback replaced the interior bulbs with LEDs? I want to do mine and am looking for advice. Which vendor did you buy from and what bulbs did you use? I'm particularly interested in what's best in the dome light and cargo bay light. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2006 Subaru SUS
836 Posts
H461SFL100
There is a factory kit available.

·
Registered
2018 2.5 Outback
82 Posts
I swapped all of mine out through VLEDS, just pick each bulb you want replaced and add to cart. No issues from any, and work great!

·
Premium Member
2019 2.5i Limited PZEV, EyeSight, Magnetite Gray Metallic, Black Interior
219 Posts
I used Precision LED's Premium kit for the interior of my '16. Came with a nice set of trim tools that I keep in the car now. Had one of dome light LED die after 5 months. They replaced with no questions asked, with just a single e-mail. Been happy for over a year now.

I did replace my map lights with red LEDs since I found the white ones just too bright.

Price was not my major concern though ... ease of getting a single kit from a reliable vendor was.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5i Limited
102 Posts
I have a 2016 OB Limited and used these to replace all of the lights in the interior. Makes a HUGE difference.
SiriusLED Extremely Bright 3030 Chipset LED Bulbs for Car Interior Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Lights Compact Wedge T10 168 194 2825 Xenon White Pack of 10 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0186P1MUW?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
And
Cutequeen 4pcs White 31mm(1.25") 5050 4-smd 80 Lumens 12v Festoon Dome Light LED Bulbs De3175 De3021 De3022 3175(pack of 4) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G186POK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_QQfdAb889GYFQ

Oh, and these on the tail lights (though the first link I shared fits in there as well. These are just significantly better).
SiriusLED 921 Back up Reverse Canbus Error Free Super Bright White 3030 Chip LED Light Bulb Pack of 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0716QBV1C?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5 Touring
83 Posts
Grumpy thanks for the advice i went with Precision can't wait to get them in!
Greetings Krypytonite,

Did you receive your LEDs yet? I also bought the interior kit from Precision and ended up with my Keyfob (push button lock/unlock with key, not keyless start) not working while the cargo light was dimmed.It turned out to have nothing to do with Precision, all LEDs I tried behaved the same.

Essentially, the dimming of the LED bulb seems to create electrical interference. The cargo bulb is relatively close to the keyfob receiver, and as well the wiring for the receiver runs right beside the wiring for the cargo light.

Have you had any problems with your keyfob?

My Thread here

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/138-gen-5-2015-present/422890-key-fob-buttons-temporarily-unresponsive.html

From Forester Group

('14-'18) Another anomaly with 2015 2.5i Limited key remote door opener - Subaru Forester Owners Forum

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Touring
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quick update: I bought my LEDs from Diode Dynamics and couldn't be more pleased. The bulbs appear to be high quality and the difference in light between them and the stock bulbs is amazing. Customer services from Diode Dynamics was terrific. The bulbs arrived quickly. One didn't work, so I emailed; they got back to me right away (turns out the bulb was fine, I just had it in the socket wrong). I would highly recommend this vendor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the LED upgrade done when I purchased my 2018 Outback, but they only do the front map lights and the center dome light . . not the rear cargo light. Shortly after I got the car I noticed the yellow color standard cargo area light. So I went to the dealer to have them swap out the cargo light with an LED but they didn't have any LED bulbs. The dealer parts guy recommended Pep Boys and gave me the number of the standard bulb for comparison. At Pep Boys I picked up a 2-pack of Philips 921W LED bulbs, $21.00+. Swapped out the cargo light myself in 2 minutes. Works like a charm. Recommend you doing the same.

·
Registered
2017 Carbide Gray Metallic Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 2014 Venetian Red Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited (sold), 2011 Ruby Red Pearl 3.6R Outback Limited (sold)
181 Posts

·
Registered
18 Outback 3.6r Touring
458 Posts
The factor kit is using Philips?
The dealer accessory was philips when I looked at it in the parts dept. The factory upgrade is osram/sylvania. I favor the dealer accessory or the older philips that I previously mentioned. The fixtures are not reflective and the philips parts project the light directly out the lense. The new style and the osram loses light as it projects 360deg.
For the cargo light i recommend the sylvania(osram) zevo 921. Again its not reflective and the zevo projects the light directly into the cargo area.

·
Registered
'18 Outback Touring 3.6R, '11 Legacy 3.6R Limited. '11 WRX not stock
341 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Carbide Gray Metallic Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 2014 Venetian Red Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited (sold), 2011 Ruby Red Pearl 3.6R Outback Limited (sold)
181 Posts
I was originally going to get the oem kit but decided on the Philips led’s instead. I just ordered them last night. I’ve used Diode Dynamics in the past. We’ll see how these compare.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
197 Posts
I finally jumped on the LED bandwagon, changing out the fogs and reverse lights.
I got time on my hands so now I want to change some interior lights specifically the dome and the rear cargo. Would someone confirm the dome is a 3175 and the cargo a 921?
Or if not please advise. Thx.

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Premium
117 Posts
I finally jumped on the LED bandwagon, changing out the fogs and reverse lights.
I got time on my hands so now I want to change some interior lights specifically the dome and the rear cargo. Would someone confirm the dome is a 3175 and the cargo a 921?
Or if not please advise. Thx.
The package from Diode Dynamics says 194 - HP5. Worked like a charm for the rear cargo area. Not sure of the others.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts