Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting September 1, 2004, I will be the Brisbane agent for Stonegard (which is the invisible bra). Check out my webpage for more details. There is also a link to the supplier (Polaris on the 2nd page) which pretty much answers all questions. If you are in the Sydney area, ask for Warren or Glen and let them know Chris form Brisbane sent you. For all you guys in Brisbane, Gold Coast and northern NSW, I am your man. I haven't got prices yet but will give a special price for you guys. I will be getting the full treatment on my OB when I get the bonnet, front bumper and some other areas resprayed. I will be getting a new mobile phone by this weekend so check the website for changes.

Hope to hear from you guys

Chris

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OutbackInfront said:
Ahh, so that's kinda the same as this?
Yeah it looks to be pretty much the same except my film has a 5 year guarantee instead of their 3 year. The film from my suppliers is made in Melbourne and the difference is that this film does stretch to some degree which helps with some corners and curves (especially around the front bumpers).

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got my car back from getting the bonnet, front bumper and guards resprayed (there were stonechips everywhere from the previous owner). I will look at placing the kit on my car either this weekend or the next and also get some before, during and after pics of the job. Boy it looks good now with the paint job compared to before.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Two weeks ago I managed to place Stonegard on the car over a couple of nights. This was the old film they don't use anymore (the new one is clear compared to slightly hazy of the old one) and getting the bonnet and mirrors done was no problem except for some air bubbles. Had fun doing the bumper though because there are three pieces for it (top, left bottom and right bottom). After finally getting it on, there were some gaps from excess film around corners but was able to get rid of most of them.

This weekend (just passed) I took off the old film to place the new film on (just the bonnet and mirrors). The old film came off very easily and left no marks. Placed the new film on and apart from one air bubble (**** thing, I'll get it out in a few days) you hardly know it is there. Didn't have a digital camera so took some photos with the SLR so should have some photos of the finished product over the next few days.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have finally scanned my pictures after installing Stonegard. Checkout my gallery.

Also a week after placing the new Stonegard on I noticed a bubble appearing in the air dam. Unfortunately it went along the whole width of the air dam. Took it back to the panel guys and they said that because there was previous damage they couldn't guarantee it wouldn't do it again. They got a price for a new front bumper $410 AUD plus tax. "Yeah right" I said so they went about another solution and found an exchange bumper for under $200 incl tax. Told them to go for it. Yesterday I picked up the car and it looks great. Again. Just as well I didn't put Stonegard on the bumper. It would've been a waste (of money too). In 2-3 weeks time I will go about and intall Stonegard on the bumper and this time for good. I will try and get my Brother in laws digital camera this time (his was being repaired before) for better pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
chrisx
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing