Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the iPhone 5 yet? If so , is it working and playing correct with the Harmon Kardon system. Our iPhone 4 has issues playing half the time!

Via USB port not aux port!

Anyone?

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
No problem with iPhone 5 and '12 model HK. Sometimes, it won't play. I just unplug and replug it and it plays. Worst, it took me two unplugging-replugging before playing. Otherwise, no issue.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I just paired my iphone 5 with my 2011 2.5i limited. The phone call works fine. I did not try the music yet.

Anyone have the iPhone 5 yet? If so , is it working and playing correct with the Harmon Kardon system. Our iPhone 4 has issues playing half the time!

Via USB port not aux port!

Anyone?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No problem with iPhone 5 and '12 model HK. Sometimes, it won't play. I just unplug and replug it and it plays. Worst, it took me two unplugging-replugging before playing. Otherwise, no issue.
That's exactly the same issues we are having with our 2011 and iPhone 4. Nobody can come up with an answer as to why it plays and then it just stops, sometimes the iPhone will display " this accessory not supported" I get sick and tired of doing the unplug and plug back up thing! I still say its not the phone. It works flawlessly on both of my pioneer head units!

Getting ready to drop big bucks on the 64gb iPhone 5 , if it doesn't play , or it does the same thing our 4 does I might just have to jerk it out and replace with a unit that actually is functionable.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
That's exactly the same issues we are having with our 2011 and iPhone 4. Nobody can come up with an answer as to why it plays and then it just stops, sometimes the iPhone will display " this accessory not supported" I get sick and tired of doing the unplug and plug back up thing! I still say its not the phone. It works flawlessly on both of my pioneer head units!

Getting ready to drop big bucks on the 64gb iPhone 5 , if it doesn't play , or it does the same thing our 4 does I might just have to jerk it out and replace with a unit that actually is functionable.
With mine (iP5 64GB black), once it plays, it plays forever. I have NEVER had it stopped again. I do use high quality OEM USB cable, not those cheapo eBay Chinese ripoff. Right now, i have a long USB cable from a legit company (forgot exact name) with Lightning adaptor. (I use my iPhone as Navi too; so that is why i need the long USB cable.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Thai
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing