Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 2.5 CVT Premium
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Did a search and didn't see this discussed, figure I'd see if anyone else has the same problem?

I have a 2102 Outback premium (no HK), and just got a Iphone 5. I use it with bluetooth for both phone, and streaming music. Everything work great except It won't charge from the usb port while bluetooth is connected?

I put the iphone in airplane mode (which turns off bluetooth), and it immediately started charging and playing music via the USB. But as soon as I enable bluetooth, it swaps back to bluetooth audio and stops charging?

I will eventually buy a dedicated car charger but I'm waiting for the aftermarket prices to come down.

Any ideas? I checked apple forum with no success

Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
With the change to the 9 pin connector I'm sure these types of issues will be found. I would possibly see if an Apple adapter functions in the same way.

·
Registered
'13 OB 2.5i Ltd, SAP BBP
80 Posts
My iPhone 5 charges in my 2013 OB (albeit very slowly) using the center console USB port.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My 2013 Outback charges my iPhone 5 while using bluetooth. I have to first cycle through so its on USB before it will start charging, but once I do that once, it charges no matter what I am doing in the car, bluetooth, radio, usb, whatever.

·
Registered
2012 2.5 CVT Premium
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 2013 Outback charges my iPhone 5 while using bluetooth. I have to first cycle through so its on USB before it will start charging, but once I do that once, it charges no matter what I am doing in the car, bluetooth, radio, usb, whatever.
Yup that worked.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue with my 11 impreza with an android phone. wonder if this was intentional....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts