Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2019 3.6R Touring Edition - Crystal White Pearl
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my iPhone 6 with an iPhone 7. Each iPhone has been properly named "Jim's iPhone 6" and "Jim's iPhone 7". With the iPhone 6 plugged in to the USB port, the infotainment screen (Audio->Source) would always show up as "Jim's iPhone 6", while with the iPhone 7 the display only reads the generic "iPod". Functionality is not affected. Both phones were running the same OS, iOS 11 beta.

When I check the Bluetooth label, the infotainment screen shows "Jim's iPhone 7", so I at least know that the system recognizes the phone's name using Bluetooth.

Not a big deal, for sure, but I was wondering what's causing the phone's name to not show up.

·
Registered
2019 Limited 3.6R, Crystal White Pearl/Black Interior
104 Posts
I just replaced my iPhone 6 with an iPhone 7. Each iPhone has been properly named "Jim's iPhone 6" and "Jim's iPhone 7". With the iPhone 6 plugged in to the USB port, the infotainment screen (Audio->Source) would always show up as "Jim's iPhone 6", while with the iPhone 7 the display only reads the generic "iPod". Functionality is not affected. Both phones were running the same OS, iOS 11 beta.

When I check the Bluetooth label, the infotainment screen shows "Jim's iPhone 7", so I at least know that the system recognizes the phone's name using Bluetooth.

Not a big deal, for sure, but I was wondering what's causing the phone's name to not show up.

I just upgraded to an iPhone 7+ from a 6. My display show's Ken's iPhone as it did before. No model designation. Everything works fine except I no longer receive text messages on the screen. They come in on my phone, but not on the Nav screen. I've gone in and found the prompt that says "do you want to set up massaging", but no success after I select "yes." My phone is indicated as connected.....any help appreciated. I'm wondering if it's a result of the upgrade to iOS 10.3.3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts