Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use their iPhone 4S or 5 with their Bluetooth setup in their Subaru? Does Siri work okay? Going to upgrade to the 4S soon.

·
Registered
2013 Limited w/EyeSight
352 Posts
The car, 4S, 5, Siri and other Apple devices all work fine.

The LTE and other aspects of the 5 are great so I suggest considering it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How do you operate siri? do you have to hold the button down on the phone like normal, or is there some button on the steering column you can hold down to activate her?

·
Registered
2013 Limited 2.5 Special Appearance Pkg
7 Posts
I have found that the voice to text converter is a bit spotty with my iphone5 and Bluetooth in my '13 OB

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Outback Limited w/ moonroof
227 Posts
Same here with my 4S. My only complaint is the steering wheel button doesn't activate her. :(

But she works great when you press the button on the phone - it'll automatically intrupt any current audio input when you need to use it.

·
Registered
2012 Ruby Red Outback 3.6 LTD, Nav, BT, iPod/iPhone interface, Sat Radio, etc...thinking of adding the kitchen sink ;)
42 Posts
I have a '12 Subaru Outback 3.6 with H-K audio and ipod interface. I am unable to use Siri voice commands on my iphone 5s to make outgoing calls, and from what I've read, this has been an issue since the 4s's. The phone will actually understand me and dial, but the Bluetooth in the car disconnects the call before it can go through. (I am able to use the phone manually to dial, but that kind of defeats the purpose of hands-free.) I have tried everything I can find on the web, including deleting and re-pairing the phone, un-pairing the media player interface, rebooting my phone, turning Airplane mode on and off, etc. Please advise if there is a software or hardware update, or some other trick for me to try. The car is still under warranty (just under 35k miles). Thx in advance.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Outback Limited w/ moonroof
227 Posts
I just tried it this morning with my 4S running firmware 7.02 and had no issues having her make phone calls.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts