Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Im a new owner of a 2005 2.5 XT. I really like it, thing hauls ass. One thing that I am really missing from my old car is ipod Integration. I am currently using an FM transmitter and it sucks. My buddy plugged something into the back of his stereo on his 2006 Jeep Wrangler, is there something similar that i can do to run an iphone4 charger cable through the dash to the back of the stereo to connect my iphone up to the DVD or auxiliary capability of the car? thanks

Jack

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
Sort of.

Bunch of ways to solve the problem- some involve replacing the stereo altogether.

This is my favorite way of solving the problem. There are others. Most of them cheaper, most of them easier, most of them less worthy.

Google or the built in search tool to find more info about using the 2007 stereo, the jazzy hack, the grom module and other methods.

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
with exchange & shipping, it's in the neighborhood of $365 for the dash kit and wire harnesses. Add that to whatever you spend on the actual double-din stereo head. These days you can get ones have USB & bluetooth connectivity to ios & android for cheap.

¥/$ conversion 3/31/13

·
Registered
Car: 2008 Tribeca, 2010 LGT, Sold: 2005 XT Limited
2,926 Posts
I will toss in my usually plug for Jazzy Engineering solution. It works well enough for my car. Allows you to add in whatever 'end' you want (I put in the cable for the Ipod to directly charge and listen with a mount on the air vent grill).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts