Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the Ironman 2" suspension kit along with some wildpeak 245/16-17 to go on some method MR503 17x8 for my 2020 Touring XT. I plan on doing the installation myself but wanted to make sure that there wasn't other parts I should be considering installing. It does not appear that a new CVT bushing is needed as the wobble is not as big of an issue on this generation. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
13,473 Posts
If you're going to go off-road you should have a full sized matching all-terrain spare tire, and the 245/65-17 will not fit in the spare tire well, but 235/65-17 will. Even if you don't think you'll need it, a "super soft" transmission mount insert is available and literally slips in with zero tools so there's no reason not to at least put that in, from @traildogck

There is an argument to be made that taller narrow tires are better than wide ones unless you need bulging sidewalls for sliding against rocks and such.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're going to go off-road you should have a full sized matching all-terrain spare tire, and the 245/65-17 will not fit in the spare tire well, but 235/65-17 will. Even if you don't think you'll need it, a "super soft" transmission mount insert is available and literally slips in with zero tools so there's no reason not to at least put that in, from @traildogck

There is an argument to be made that taller narrow tires are better than wide ones unless you need bulging sidewalls for sliding against rocks and such.
This is a pavement princess for sure. This is my wife's ride and I have a SCAB raptor that handles all the off-road and camping duties. I'll go ahead and get a mount while I'm in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts