Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've already purchased it but I've had it for less than three weeks and I've already had antifreeze leaking problems and when I brought it to the dealership they fixed it then I drove it down the road for a few miles and then it happened again the overheating sensor came up and it was leaking everywhere the dealership told me that in order to get it out the car has to sit on the lift at to get the air bubbles out is this true I'm contemplating suing this guy and getting a new car or what you think I should do

·
Registered
Outback 2011 3.6R Premium
1,215 Posts
There is some truth to what they are telling you BUT if they did the work (I believe you said the dealer fixed the first problem) then I would have expected they would have “burped” the system properly.

I believe the 2010 Outback still has the EJ25x motor fitted and if so this series of motors are known for failing head gaskets which are often the cause of over heating. The later models were less inclined to have head gasket problems but it was still an all too common problem.

Seagrass

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
961 Posts
did they install the tstat with the bleed hole at the top?

i would wash car down and degrease it and then drive it. also did you try a new rad cap?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is some truth to what they are telling you BUT if they did the work (I believe you said the dealer fixed the first problem) then I would have expected they would have “burped” the system properly.

I believe the 2010 Outback still has the EJ25x motor fitted and if so this series of motors are known for failing head gaskets which are often the cause of over heating. The later models were less inclined to have head gasket problems but it was still an all too common problem.

Seagrass
They checked the gasket and said it wasnt the problem

·
Registered
Outback 2011 3.6R Premium
1,215 Posts
They checked the gasket and said it wasnt the problem
If they cannot “burp” the coolant system properly I am having difficulty believing they could properly diagnose a faulty head gasket.

if you have an option to return the car and get out of this deal (as you suggested in your original post) then that may be worth considering as I am doubtful about the vehicle and even more doubtful about the dealer and I suspect this vehicle needs the head gaskets replaced which will cost around you $2,000!

Seagrass

·
Registered
418 Posts
This generation outback is stubborn when burping the coolant. If you bought the car from a Subaru dealership they should know this. If you bought it somewhere else it is possible they just didn't know and thought it was good to go before it was done.

Hopefully, that is all it was. EJ25 outbacks do have a history of needing a headgasket replacement eventually, its not too bad and a great car overall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts