Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter is very short. Is there anyone out there right at 5' or less to tell me about the view, the reach and the seat belt? Seat belt across the neck gets old. As does having the controls impossible to get right. Of course I'll check, but sometimes it takes a few thousand miles to really notice if the fit is good.

Thank you for information on this

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I can't speak from personal experience but the Subaru Forester is supposed to be the ideal vehicle for short drivers, but Subarus in general are also very good, because of things like seat height adjustment, larger windows/lower cowl and beltline, basically better visibility over the dash and to the sides.

I had a Gen 3 Legacy GT (same as the Outback) and it was fantastic as far as visibility and everything being low - it was the last generation of Legacy/Outback that was essentially a Japan (short people) model sold in the USA. From the 4th generation on, the design was Americanized for larger taller framed people.

·
Registered
2005 Outback VDC limited 3.0r
852 Posts
My friend has no problems when she drives my car, she is 5'0". The seat belt has a up/down slider that goes pretty low as well. Depending if it has power seats, you can raise or lower the seat. Good sized mirrors. Tilt steering wheel has a wide range.

·
Registered
Outback 2007 3.0Rn 5EAT Wagon.
513 Posts
Facelift versions of gen 3 have reach adjustable steering wheels (at least my EUDM one has) which allow the reach to be shortened to help moving the seat forward to reach the pedals.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
My daughter is very short. Is there anyone out there right at 5' or less to tell me about the view, the reach and the seat belt? Seat belt across the neck gets old. As does having the controls impossible to get right. Of course I'll check, but sometimes it takes a few thousand miles to really notice if the fit is good.

Thank you for information on this
As someone else posted, the Forester seems to be a better fit. I've owned an OB and my wife is on her second Forester. She is a bit height challenged. She was never able to get comfortable with the OB but feels right at home in the Forester.

Just the nature of the seats. You sit down in the OB seats. You sit on the Forester seats.

·
Registered
2019 Outback, 2014 Forester
93 Posts
FWIW/IMHO - Speaking from experience this is what a Crosstrek is for. I mean it in the most sincerest of ways. Presuming your daughter is a young(ish) girl and petite the Crosstrek will give her the best visibility, comfort, value and of course safety.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all. Sounds like Forester/Crosstrek is a little better choice. But Outback is ok with power seats. That makes sense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts